Skip to main content

There and back again..........


I know, it's not the most original title and it really has been used before by Bilbo Baggins of the Shire, but it fits, because I have recently returned from a journey of my own with D.
We decided to drive to Arizona..........we thought it through, a lot, and still decided to go with Ghetto Jepetto vs. the big ole jet liner.........I will say this, we saw some interesting things and some not so interesting things. For example the statue on top of the car swigging what I said was Guinness and is probably root beer. While the scenery in Southern Utah is amazing and crazy beautiful, the towns are reminiscent of 'The Hills Have Eyes' therefore I risked a bladder infection and we soldiered on. (no offense to anyone who may live in Southern Utah, like I said, you have a good view) We almost made a wrong turn, actually used a road atlas because GJ does not have a GPS system installed, he doesn't need it, he's like an old horse, put him on the freeway and he brings me home.

I did get a lot of knitting done on multiple projects. Some of you would look at what I brought with me and think I was crazy. Others would ask if I had brought enough. However, once I got there I didn't even knit on what I brought, I bought more yarn and knit something else especially since one of my accesories that I brought was snatched by Mom. That's her looking posh on the balcony at the Spotted Donkey Cantina....Posh because the glasses are mine as well, I did get those back...There are some things I learned on the road trip though and I would like to share them with you.
1. 5:00 a.m. is really freaking early if you're on vacation.
2. My idea of a road trip and D's idea of a road trip vary....widely. I will make stops, he presses on way past when we should have stopped....
3. McCafe drip coffee is suprisingly delicious
4. put enough water in the desert and the results will surprise you
5. if you have to eat fast food while on the road pick a chain that's not local to you it adds that little something extra to the trip.
6. I love Spicy Chocolate Gelato and the only place I know it exists is somewhere in Scottsdale
7. Based on how excited I was whenever we passed fields of Sheep, Goats, and Cows and you could see all the spring babies and all I wanted was to run out and play with them, I think it's safe to say that if I didn't have to exercise a certain amount restraint I would have every freaking farm animal in the book, especially if I could figure out how to keep them babies.
8. When faced with hotel/motel options pay the extra for a chain vs. trying the local favorite. There's a reason they are full, they probably rent by the 1/2 hour. (and that itchy feeling you have while trying to fall asleep, you can tell yourself it's your imagination all you want, bottom line is 60 minutes, Inside Edition, and all the other news shows wouldn't cover that 'what you don't see in your motel room, our cameras take you inside to show you what's going to make you freak out and sleep wrapped in impenatrable plastic next time you're in hawaii' every 2 years)
9. When you are counting on an airplane to bring you and your family together they screw you everytime.
10. There will never be enough time when I am with my family. I will always want and need more.

clearly I've been enjoying too much McCafe....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som