Skip to main content

Everyday.....

I basically follow the same routine:
3:55 a.m.: dogs think it's time to get up
4:00 a.m. alarm goes off/hit snooze/then snooze the dogs (when did they learn that the alarm was my signal to move? Pavlov disbelievers....spend a week at my house)
4:20: dogs make it impossible to hit snooze again/ Quintus grabs a toy, Gabby grabs a toy and the parade down the hall begins with a few choice words from me when I step on a toy that was left behind the night before or worse, Quintus is in a mood and instead of grabbing a toy nips a bit to hard on my fingers on the way down the hall.....
4:25 try to open the back door forgetting that our state of the art security system is in place thus jamming it/remove state of the art security/ open door and convince the dogs (gabby and quintus unless some of you thought Quintus is my husbands name and Gabby our love child) that they have to pee.
4:30 prepare what the dogs consider a delicious feast of compressed lamb and rice kibble, soak it a bit since they are getting up there in years, start the coffee, set the timer on the microwave, log on to the computer and wait for the coffee to finish.....
here is where it first goes off the rails. The timer on the microwave is for the dogs food. I soak it for 20 minutes before giving it to them, 15 would suffice but they woke me up before my alarm went off so I get a little revenge, which backfires because while I am sitting here calmly doing my online farming they are howling, growling, stomping their feet, being a regular pain in the arse for 20 minutes. The worst part is that my coffee maker beeps when the pot is ready so it creates a false sense of excitement for them, a beep whether it's one or 3 (microwave) equals kibble hitting the floor and their bellies almost simultaneously.
Between 4:45 and 6:00 it's the usual preparations getting ready for work, (i won't bore you with the details of that routine because it hasn't changed in 10 years), let the dogs out again even though they fake it and I'm on to them but I let them think they've fooled me and off to work I go.
6:00-6:30 stop for coffee, then proceed to miss the perfect traffic window and hit random slow downs on I-5, eventually I pull into the parking garage, working my way down into the bowels of it, take the elevator to the fourth floor, clock in, make my way down the hall, get in the elevator and hit the button for the first floor.........Every single day......
I work on the 3 floor.
Happy Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som