Skip to main content

make that 9......

Over the weekend I not only added more yarn to my stash, which is going to get a going through this coming Saturday, I also added 2 more patterns to the list for 2011.....and I've taken a piece of advice from a couple other knitters.....1. I am going to try and be selfish and knit only for myself. This ones already gone down the crapper since I bought two different yarns to knit things for mom but she is exempt from these types of resolutions so in theory I haven't totally failed. 2. I am going to intermittently work on finishing all of my UFO's during this year along with the 9 sweaters I've decided to knit. Of course hats, sportweight socks, mittens, color-stranded cowls, and the like will be sprinkled about this lofty goal of mine but my hope is that by Christmas 2011 I will be sporting 9 new sweaters for myself at least............the new ones that I've added are
Liesl by Cocoknits using a sparklie kid silk mohair lace blend, held together with another lace weight in superwash merino.......I'll upload a picture of it all later.....
the second one is another by Cecily Glowik McDonald it's not published yet but I'm keeping a steady watch and I've already got the perfect yarn at home for it........
xoxo
happy monday all.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!