Skip to main content

Perfect failure.......

The stash is in order and put away.....the plan is in place of things to knit including 12 pairs of socks for me at minimum and a number of small baby socks to get cranked out for all the little baby feet my friends are bringing into the world. What was the failure? I not only bought more yarn yesterday at the shop but I also cast on for the first pair of baby socks and am actually almost done with the first one......they are pretty damn cute actually......I bought some patterns as well in order to use up the sock stash...vanilla sock patterns in worsted, sport and fingering weight yarn......vanilla socks will be perfect, although I do have a few oat terns for favorite socks I will rotate through the mix just to keep it alive but for the most part the yarn i have is so beautiful that a vanilla sock will be perfect....so I am off to finish the baby sock, finish moms clapotis scarf from knitty.com, and my cassis cardigna by Thea Coleman, and a whole 106 QT tub holding all of the sweaters to knit for 2011! So I am off the get stuff done and make use of this day off.
In your remembrance of Dr. Martin Luther King give thanks for The change he made in our world and of the changes yet to come......then go knit some socks.
Xoxo Carmel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!