Skip to main content

Thursday.........

it is Thursday right? I feel like I have had one of those weeks where it's gone on longer than it should and there is no end in site.....possibly because I spent 2.5 hours of it sitting at the car dealership service department waiting for Ghetto Jepeto's window to be fixed......it was over $400.00 for that little bit alone so I think my campaign to convince D that it's time for a new car is going to have to take a back burner for a while......especially since GJ still runs great and we have an understanding.....and the receptionist at the car dealership is entertaining. The big positive of the 2.5 hours is that I got some quality knitting done on a very long I-cord and thus finished off baby present #1. I am in a debate as I'd I want to do the matching hat or find another hat pattern to use with the same yarn but we'll see......in the mean time I started a baby shrug for Little Elaina that is moving along quite well and I have some sleeves to finish for Miss Frances and then at one can go out into the mail as well.....maybe the service department will let me just sit in their waiting room for a while....it is very conducive to boring knitting like long sleeves and I-cord.....so since baby gift #1 is indeed a gift and I am not sure if RacerGirl, the mom to be, reads my blog for sure I will have to post a photo after she receives the gift......plus the buttons haven't arrived so.... I found the buttons on Etsy and you can view the shop here

I am using my iPad for this so if that link is funny then I will fix it later......well it's almost five and instead of being ahead of the game like I was half an hour ago I am now verging on being late..........
Have a great day
P.s.
Here is my quote of the week:

"There comes a moment when you realize that you don't have a huge yarn stash but more of a collection of dreams and ideas that will someday reach their potential when you find the perfect pattern to turn them into....and having said that I will continue to buy yarn".....Carmel


(I am typing this on my iPad so if that link is funny I will fix it later.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!