Skip to main content

Once Upon A Time...

A beautiful woman walked into a consignment shop. She was looking for pressed glass but decided to wander around a bit. She stumbled into a back room and opened her eyes in surprise! Before her was a table full of yarn, in fact there was yarn every where...Now this was no film flam second hand yarn, no no no my knitterly friends, it was cashmere, piles upon piles of cashmere yarn. This beautiful woman being sharp as a tack quickly snatched 60 balls in assorted colors, enough to make at least four grown up sweaters and some beautiful organic cotton that will knit a blanket for someone special...'how much?' she asks the woman behind the counter breathlessly...the woman looks it over and says 'how about $300.00?' again this woman is sharp as a tack and before she fainted she paid for the yarn and hurried it home. Quickly she calls her equally beautiful daughter, also sharp as a tack, to tell her of her windfall! After much whispered discussion it was determined that the woman would return to the store and make an offer on the remaining 30 or so bags the next day...
To be continued...

Stay tuned it gets way better!

Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Unknown said…
Ok I live in Ca now where did she go. OMG I cannot believe this. I check out all the thrift shops when I visit my kids in Bothell. i used to live in Redmond. You lucky dog you.
Anonymous said…
I hope it works out! Your mom is a genius!(Margie)
Anonymous said…
Maybe you will want to put a facebook button to your blog. I just marked down this site, although I had to complete it manually. Just my suggestion.

My site:
rachat credit pret www.rachatdecredit.net

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Busy...

But my shop sample for So Much Yarn in downtown Seattle is complete and ready for delivery! Yarn is Berroco Ultra Alpaca Size 10 needles Very Cozy! I'm wearing it now since my office clearly has the air conditioning turned on in it! Brrrrr. Need to make another one for me!