Skip to main content

Love Is....

When a pattern begins to take shape. It's what I love about this beret pattern. It gives so much after just a few rows....so much so that when you know you should put it down and go to sleep you instead push play for one more episode of Criminal Minds (yes I'm still on that kick) and crack out more rounds...Sadly I kept that up till about 11:00 p.m. last night and if I didn't have to be at the office in the morning I probably would have knit thru the night or at least until D ripped the yarn and needles from my cramped little hands.

I've had a minor major setback on the old Knitters Elbow...Just when I thought it was getting better, WHAMMO instant pain that hasn't gone away. Brace is back on, a few pain relievers have made their way down my hatch and the knitting keeps moving on. As long as I wear my brace while I'm knitting it doesn't hurt, stop knitting and try to pick something up like a pint glass of water it can't be done. So I'll probably have to make another Dr. appt and possibly get another shot, maybe have a release done which would mean a lot of shots, a small incision and the possibility that I will take up decoupage to fill in for knitting during recovery....lets not go down that route because I think we all know that once I learn decoupage everything will be decoupaged and right now I'm having too much fun just saying decoupage. Say it with me DE COU PAAAAGE! The art of taking something boring and making it awesome! (Mom, stop shaking your head at me and call you daughter...)

Happy Monday :)

wait...
it's not Monday

Crap

whatever

Happy Day in the Week that's not Monday!

P.S. the Pattern is the Autumn Vines Beret by Alana Dakos knit with Sublime DK on Size 6 needles....Shanna's going to swoon when she gets her hands on it!
C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...