Skip to main content

Winding Down...

At some point this month I declared October 'Knit for Me Month'.
I might have said it outloud but I don't recall.
It's not that I don't like knitting for others, in fact, looking back on the month quite a few of the things knit really ended up with other people...
Well, October is winding down and November is looming ahead with so much happening my head has already started spinning on it's axis.
My brother and nephew are arriving in a few days for the weekend. Birds never been to Seattle and told my brother he wanted to see the Space Needle. So you can imagine I'm pretty excited to see the both of them.
The So Much Yarn knitting retreat is coming up the following weekend so I will be there knitting my little heart out for 3 days...again, as you can imagine I'm pretty stoked about that.
Following that my mom and her friend arrive the Sunday before for Thanksgiving...I'm REALLY excited about her visit...Living so far from home means I don't get to see my family nearly as often as I like so whenevern the opportunity arrives I am ecstatic.

Well here I am on this blustery Sunday afternoon while D is headed for the Seahawks game, about ready to declare November 'All about Baby Month'
I have a new niece and a new nephew arriving shortly, not to mention a very dear friend is welcoming her first baby after the first of the year...I have a lot of baby stuff to crank out in the next few weeks. I have a start on some but not nearly what I want to have done...

This gives me one more day to complete my current project. Another Smocked Slouch in Dream in Color Classy for me (I hope)

Stay Tuned I'll post a photo tomorrow.

xoxo
happy sunday
Carmel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!