Skip to main content

Stitch Count..,

I don't know how many stitches I have on the needles at this point.
I'm sure I could do some simple math and get a general idea, but math is rarely simple for me so we'll scratch that notion.

I could just settle in and count by two's.
That gets tiring after 246 where I start forgetting how two's multiply - that whole math thing...

I can tell you this. On our drive last night it took me a half hour or so to knit across one row in the feather and fan pattern.

normally i would be itching and bitching to be done at this point but I'm so charmed by the border that I just keep knitting and increasing happily knitting each row a half hour at a time.

I also keep forcing photos of the border on everyone. I've started limiting it to one a day but I could easily show you all 45.8 million I've taken.

Don't worry, I won't.

Instead I'll just keep knitting and admiring my clever choice and once a day sharing one delicious fiber photo...

Are you wondering where the one photo a day is posted? It's on my Instagram Feed and Twitter... You can check me out on both!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Busy...

But my shop sample for So Much Yarn in downtown Seattle is complete and ready for delivery! Yarn is Berroco Ultra Alpaca Size 10 needles Very Cozy! I'm wearing it now since my office clearly has the air conditioning turned on in it! Brrrrr. Need to make another one for me!