Skip to main content

Potato Salad

Two things happen once a year.
- The Man (D) has a birthday.
- I make potato salad
That these happen around the same time is no coincidence.
He loves potato salad.
I hate to make potato salad.
However...
I believe I've got my recipe down to a science so that when I do make it, it's something to look forward to.

So, just for fun, here I'd my recipe!

1 5lb bag of red potatoes boiled and chopped
1 dozen eggs hard boiled, cooled, peeled and diced
1 bunch green onions sliced
4-5 stalks of celery diced
3-4 kosher dill pickles diced
Mayo - as much or as little as you like
Same goes for salt and pepper.

Mix it up
Eat it up

You're probably thinking '5lb's?!?'

I make it once a year, i make the batch count, we ususlly try to coincide a bbq and then we eat it all weekend!

Happy Birthday D!

Carmel Creager

Comments

Unknown said…
Boy is that a familiar recipe. YUMMY!! I used to make it every other week in the summer when we were younger. It was requested by all our friends, I still have the large orange and yellow Tupperware bowls I used.
Carmel said…
It's loosely based off of my MIL's she doesn't add the celery, or the onion, and she uses russet potatoes... I like crunchy potato salad so I'll add more celery than anything...

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Busy...

But my shop sample for So Much Yarn in downtown Seattle is complete and ready for delivery! Yarn is Berroco Ultra Alpaca Size 10 needles Very Cozy! I'm wearing it now since my office clearly has the air conditioning turned on in it! Brrrrr. Need to make another one for me!

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...