Skip to main content

The Stash Dive

My yarn stash goes back years.
It's grown over the years.
That stint of working at So Much Yarn for a little over a year really gave it a boost.
Mom's find a couple years back of all the cashmere, merino, and silk in the basement of a consignment shop gave it a super boost that still makes me dizzy to think about...

I remember everything most of the stuff I buy and why I bought it.
There were a few that I questioned my grasp on reality when I picked it up.
There was more that I said 'Oh, I remember when I bought you, don't worry, you'll still become something fabulous'

Last night I had to dive deep into the stash.
Really deep.
I told D I was going in and that I might be a while.
He told me to put up a beacon so he could find me if I didn't make it out.

I was looking for the 6 skeins of Ultra Lite Alpaca I bought four years ago to do a colorwork pattern that I never got around too... I didn't even have the pattern but I knew I had those six skeins and I want to make Kate Davies hat Peerie Flooers for M and I thought maybe, just maybe that yarn would work...

so out of the closet all the tubs, crates, and Ziploc baggies of yarn came.

D was off somewhere in the house, steering clear while I was happily rummaging and singing to myself and the dogs when all of the sudden I shouted out;

'WOO-HOO JACKPOT'

 
Then I hear D chuckle from wherever he was hiding...

Not only did I find the yarn (I knew exactly where it was) in the back bottom of the bottom bin in the back of the closet, they were the perfect colors. I tossed in a ball of Knit Picks Palette Mist as the background color and just couldn't contain my thrill...

It's perfect.

So as long as we are on the Fair Isle Ride you should know that America's Knitting is doing a Fair Isle Along. A Knit-A-Long for all things fair isle.
You can hop over to the America's Knitting Ravelry page or Facebook page and sign up!

Here are the pertinent details
Starts: May 1
Ends: June 30
Project: Any fair isle project you choose but it has to have a minimum of four colors
All finishers by the 30th get their name in a hat and a winner will be drawn to receive something fabulously delicious from my stash (Ravelry) or Mary's (Facebook)

Also, Mary has some new shop coverage up at America's Knitting, check it out!!
www.americasknitting.com

Carmel



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som