Skip to main content

Finished Object: Stovetop Hat


What the What?
A finished object post?
Seriously?
I mean, I have finished A LOT of stuff but just haven't had time to post it all...

That is changing right now!
I finished something and by golly I'm posting it here today.


See, I didn't give up knitting.
September was crazy. As crazy as that out of control jacked up cable up there... I fixed it the next morning


October has been extra crazy with my job and the release of a new code set that is turning my brain to squish.


But, now I have a sweet sweet hat to conceal the squish and prepare me for winter.

Normally I would be sporting my hats come fall but I was at the pumpkin patch yesterday and even though it was raining it was about 63 degrees... not hat weater. Not even cozy sweater and boots weather...

So.
Back to why I'm here...

I am posting a finished object for you all to see, and love, and buy, and knit a gazillion of for everyone in your world.

Why?

Because I'm cool like that.


Pattern: Stovetop by Alexa Ludeman of Tincanknits
Difficulty: Medium.
Love: off the charts

This pattern is fab.
The chart is easy to read.
The hat comes in all sizes from a newborn nugget to a full grown fullback :)

Knit in a worsted weight on size 8 needles it knits up swiftly and beautifully.
Slap a big pompom on top or a cluster of little pompoms and you are all set!

See that little head in one of the pictures. That's Phoebe and Phoebe is so special she deserves her own post, but here are some facts.
1. We officially adopted her after a two day trial run.
2. She is 6 years old.
3. She is the silliest, sweetest, wiggly little thing ever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!