Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Week


Oh Thanksgiving!
Honestly it is one of my favorite dinners to cook.
I make these cabernet cranberries a couple days ahead of time.
The day before I make this chocolate pie and this pecan pie The recipe calls for bourbon. I put in two tbls of Makers Mark and it was amazing!
I make sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing in the bird, dinner rolls, and of course a monster turkey.
My gravy game is off the hook.
I set my sweet potatoes on fire.

ON FIRE

Calmly calling to the guests in the living room
'fire in the kitchen, we have a fire in the kitchen'

D grabbed the dish from the oven, flames leaping high and put them out on the grill where I believe there are still some hot spots...

see the remaining hot spots... this was about an hour after the fire.

Why do I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner? I love the leftovers of Thanksgiving dinner.

When I don't torch my sweet potatoes I eat them for breakfast the whole rest of the weekend.

Oh well...
introductions. Mom meets Phoebe for the first time.

We had a lovely holiday with my mom in town, my father-in-law and his wife joined us Thanksgiving day.
A quick stop at Chateau Ste. Michelle where we met up with peacocks in residence

My niece and her husband joined us for dinner Wednesday night.
I introduced my mom to one of my dearest friends Friday night.


Took a road trip out to Told Yarn. Mom loved the store. I bought two more skeins of Woolfolk Sno and Tynd to make another Morning Walk Hat.  Mom bought yarn to knit a sweater that she left for me to complete for her :)


So we're back to our routine.
Mom arrived back home safely.
The Christmas decorations are up.
30 Day blog challenge will resume tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!