Skip to main content

Buried Projects...


So yesterday afternoon while wading thru my yarn room I stumbled upon yet another unfinished project.

The Churchmouse Easy Fold Poncho click here for pattern info at Churchmouse Yarns. 

Thankfully most of it is done. There is a wee bit of knitting to do but that's the easy part.
The hard part of this project was knitting 60 inches of stockinette.

SIXTY INCHES.

By the time I got done with all 60 of those tedious mind numbing inches I couldn't even stand to look at it anymore.

So away it went.
I would stumble across it again from time to time and think you should really block that and get it done.

I didn't.
Either there was stuff on the dining room table or the guest bed had yarn on it or The Husband wanted to use our bed for sleeping.

Well as I was saying, I stumbled upon it yesterday and thought, the time has come, into the bath you go. 
Phoebe seemed a little bewildered by me tossing something besides myself into the tub, but it's also a full moon and she's being a bit weird.

After a solid 20 minute soak, I got out my blocking pads and stretched it across the guest bed only to discover that I have no idea what bin my knit blockers are in and I didn't have it in my to pull all of them out try and locate. 
the knit blockers are in here somewhere...
Like I said I was 'wading' thru my yarn room. A few months back my mom sent me a box weighing well over 70lbs full of yarn and all those bags are strewn about in my room waiting to be sorted and stored. 
I don't know where they will be stored but they are waiting.

So it's currently layed out, not pinned because I also discovered that I am lacking in T-pins.
It's fine though. I have to do it again after I do the sewing and the picking up the cowl neck collar.


So you know what I'll be doing this weekend once it dries and I can have my way with it.

Sewing it up. I hate sewing up knits.

It'll be worth it. It's the best green that Dream In Color ever did. I love it and I am not a lover of the color green.

Seriously. I know the room is a hot mess and a half. I showed a friend today the picture and she visibly shuddered and the offered to organize it. 

Happy Friday :) 

Comments

Magg said…
We all have those spots of hot messes. When your friend is done helping you please send her my way.

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...