Skip to main content

One Year...


Tomorrow will be one year since my last post.
I've missed posting.
Every time I went to post I just couldn't do it.
Depression, Anxiety, PTSD.
It was all I could do to get through my day.

Had my first of many panic attacks camping in the woods in a pitch black tent. Not a good combination.

I found a good therapist.
Tip if you are going thru some shit and you have a partner who will help fill in the blanks when you first meet with your therapist, bring them with you. I always leave stuff out because I don't want to be a burden.




My biggest downfall in life has been worrying too much about disappointing people.

I have been an absent friend these past few years. Spiraling.
The shooting in Vegas on 10/1/17 did more of a number on me than I initially realized.

I rarely attended hockey games last year and the ones I did I drank till I blacked out and I never stayed in my seat.



Things are better. So much better. Not perfect but things rarely are but I remember the day in September when I looked at my husband and said 'holy crap. I feel happy, like really happy'

It was when I finally agreed to bring a new boxer into our home that I knew I had really crossed a threshold.

 Two selfies with each dog clearly expressing their feelings on the situation. Phoebe still gives me this look.

I rented a piano last february and began taking lessons again. I have my first recital December 15. Needless to say I will be the oldest performer.

So lets do a quick catch up!
I'll post some knitting related stuff later this week.
(these are by no means in any order)

1. Saw Pink live in concert in Portland. Cried through the whole show I was so excited.


2. Won a wine baby for $15.00 at the Boxer Spaghetti Feed Fundraiser! My friend Pam attended with me and heard me yell across the hall :)

3. Flew out of Paine Field for the first time to see  Elle King in Portland over Memorial Day weekend.

4. Saw Kenny G Live. I have no other words for this experience
5. Turned 45 and bought myself a special wine glass
6. Sat stage right for OAR at the Moore Theater in Seattle and met most of the band and got selfies with Richard On and John Lampley!



7. Bought a motorcycle :)

It holds 3 bags of groceries
8. Had a medical emergency that landed me in the ICU for a few days in late September.

9. Got bit by a duck while visiting San Antonio because I wouldn't share my tortilla chips with him... 

10. Attended the Sounders vs. Toronto MLS Cup this past Sunday.


Hope you all have been well. I look forward to getting back in the swing. I'll have some big news late November!





Comments

cathy said…
wow.... glad you are recovering and on to a happier state of mind <3 look forward to your future blogs <3 you were missed!
Lynn said…
Glad your back! Sorry to hear you were struggling...but being on the mend in awesome! BTW the "duck bite" is pretty funny. Did he get his chip?

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Busy...

But my shop sample for So Much Yarn in downtown Seattle is complete and ready for delivery! Yarn is Berroco Ultra Alpaca Size 10 needles Very Cozy! I'm wearing it now since my office clearly has the air conditioning turned on in it! Brrrrr. Need to make another one for me!