Skip to main content

No Phone.


I just love this photo. We don't have snow.
I see a lot of people these days posting about 'no screen time' and how refreshing it is to take a break from your phone and social media.

I agree. It is good to have that break. Take some time, be in the moment with your person although I get caught peeking at my phone when D and I are out. We're both guilty but I'll take the blame in this post. 
Back in December I attended my company party and had a really good time. A really good time.
My phone went missing multiple times. My friend who was in charge of me gave up on keeping track of both my phone and I so she chose the phone and got me home safe and sound at the end of the night.

Well the screen was cracked. Apparently I kept dropping it on the dance floor and it kept getting checked into the DJ table.

I kept putting off having it fixed because I didn't want to spend an hour at the apple store.

I finally did it yesterday.
Checked in at 10:00
They took my phone back to repair and said I could pick it up in one hour.

What the heck was I going to do at the mall for one hour?
I hate the mall.
The mall scares me. Has ever since Vegas 2017.
However I was stuck.
I went and got a coffee and sat down at a table and started jotting down random thoughts.

Related to not having my phone. All of the sudden all this self care no screen time in the present moment crap took a totally different turn.
It's one thing to be without your phone for an hour because you choose to set it down.
It's another when it's completely out of your control.

- I can't call my dad to tell him I'm going to be late meeting him for lunch.
- I can't text Dale and ask him to message my dad.
- I'm in Starbucks to wait for an hour but I don't know what time it is and there are no clocks anywhere.
-I'll knit, I need to pick up the stitches for the sleeves but I don't know how many stitches I need to have because the pattern is on my knitting app on the phone.
-I think I remember that the number on the waste yarn is the correct number but do I need to decrease as I knit the sleeve? Can't find out. See reason above.
-What time is it again?
-what if something happens at the mall? How will I let anyone know that I am here and everything is okay?
-How come there are no clocks anywhere? 
-I'm inside the mall for the first time in 3 years and it's kind of freaking me out.
-How do I figure out 47 divided by 3?

My math teachers must all be so proud...
-How long are these sleeves supposed to be?
-I drew a positive shark post to put in the Positivity Bin at Starbucks but I can't take a photo to show anyone what I did.
-Why don't malls have metal detectors?
-I can't use a pay phone because I don't know where one is and I don't know anyone's phone number.
-I didn't completely back up my phone which could be fine or I could end up with a new phone and lose all my info.
       a. I did end up with a new phone and I lost all my contacts*
-I can't take a subtle photo of the guy behind me to show my friends and talk about the possibility that he's self-employed but also a serial killer.
-In 2020 if you don't take a photo of what you are doing and post it on Social Media for all to see did you really do it?

*I would like to thank all the friends who texted me their numbers and had fun playing guess who this is after a really long stressful day. I gave you all new names in my phone.

Happy Tuesday
xoxo
C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som