Skip to main content

a few more lessons learned.......

It's early Sunday morning, I know it's early because I am the only one awake in the house and my neighbor just returned from fishing which he does before dawn cracks and returns when all the lollygaggers come out and clog up the waterways. It's 7:15 a.m.
I'm terrible at making maintenance appointments. By maintenance I mean, hair cut and color, pedicures and waxing. The last one is especially bad. It's not that I'm afraid, I'm not, I've had it done for years and Beth does amazing things with my eyebrows that no one else can do, the problem is calling to make the appointment as soon as I think to myself, 'wow you need to make an appointment', instead of thinking it and putting it off till later in the day. The problem is I usually remember at 10:00 o'clock at night. Have no fear though, I have found a pinch hitter that if I forget to call to make the appointment at 10:00 p.m. I can do it myself at home.......and here in lies the lesson..............Once you get the strip with the wax on your lip, there is no turning back, you have to rip it like you've never ripped before, it's going to sting, it may even bring some tears to your eyes, but what you have will be good enough till you can call Beth and make an appointment, and not leave you with the handlebar mustache and grandma goatee that catches the light just perfectly.  So the lesson: Think before you stick.
And no, I didn't attempt the brows myself, if I had there would be nothing left........
I'm going to knit for a while before I have to get ready to go work at the yarn shop.....it's going to be sunny and in the 80's today and five hours at the yarn shop watching the tourists sweat through the market while I work on: Finishing my big green lace blanket (started last year and has 3 balls to go), a new LaLa simple Shawl in Classic Elites Katydid it's a cotton tape yarn that's pretty fun stuff to use. The color I chose is a beautiful spring green. I am of course still on a baby kick......today I am going to also make a baby rattle or 4 since that's how many cat toys with bells in them came in the pack. The woman at the big box pet store yesterday said in a somewhat snooty tone 'is that all you're getting for your cat' and my reply was 'Oh these aren't for a cat, I'm knitting balls'.
She didn't offer me a customer satisfaction survey......I wonder why?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just discovered your blog and love it. I also have two boxers. My gurlz are brindles. there is nothing, nothing like a boxer! Consider me a new follower;-).
Patricia
Carmel said…
Oh! Thank you so much!! That made my night! Welcome, I hope you like it!

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som