Skip to main content

Finished Objet

I finished this before I went to Minnesota but It was blocking and then I had all those nasty tails to weave in and still hadn't found buttons. So while I was packing for our trip, I unpinned it and slammed it into the suitcase figuring I'd find the buttons there. Boy did I! They are perfect as you can see in the picture. So without further adieu here are the stats facts and general 'what you need to know' about this project.

Pattern: Shawl Collared Cowl by Alana Dakos
Yarn: Prism Merino 12 in Lipstick (2 hanks)
Needle sizes: 8 and 9
Pattern Love: Awesome
Recommendation: If you are knitting this, and I think you all should, in fact go and try all of Alana's patterns, make sure that you or the recipient has a long neck. Not freakishly long, but if you have a stump like mine then this will just look silly when you put it on....my sister in law M looked fantastic in it.

It is a wonderful pattern, contstructed with minimal short row shaping, easy to follow instructions, and wonderful graphics to entertain the wandering eyes. All the graphics on Alana's patters are done by Knitterella and I recommend that you hop on over and see her other work and visit her supply shop for gift tags, note pads, and project bags. Her work is hilarious and says all the things we want to say but don't want to sound churlish. I also recommend following her blog as well, she is funny, witty and full of great ideas.

I have many many more works in progress and other's rolling in my head. Lots of big events coming in the next year that require full on knitted goodness!!
Happy Friday

Question for all of you..........Have any of you tried making Cake Balls yet? I'm curious on how they work......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!