Skip to main content

Wool-Gathering........


a random photo for a random blog post

Wool-Gathering is a phrase I read in a book a few years back and in context means day dreaming......I use it to refer to random bits of this and that........so here goes.
1. I killed a possum yesterday. I didn't mean to, in fact I swerved to try and avoid him and allow him to return to his little possum family but after emailing D and asking if he had seen a possum in the road yesterday by Schwans well it was confirmed.....it COULD have been the car behind me but I felt a bump where there is no bump in the road....sad.
2. I planted some pansies a couple weeks ago and last Sunday I saw there were slugs so I did what any gardener would do, I set out to kill them, (kind a pattern now) I ran downstairs with two plastic party punch cups borrowed some beer from the kegerator and set them out.....for 3 days nothing and then yesterday it was like the sign came on and said 'FREE BEER' the one cup was full the other one had a line up of slugs waiting to get in......then my guilt kicked in, some of these slugs were little babies and I had just blew my karma for the day by murdering a possum.....I promptly dumped the cups, tossed the dead slugs, hoped I just made a few more of them boozy and now I'm thinking a few rounds of the rosary might set my spiritual balance back to rights..........
3. I knit something ugly and in order to restore my knitting confidence, the proof that I'm not a rube, that I do know how to knit and knit well, I am knitting the same piece again but in a different yarn, a beautiful Prism in their Lipstick Colorway, already my faith is restored.
4. Karma struck again in the same night, knitting knitting knitting while D and I are shuffling race cars all over the county, I hit a knot in the yarn. A KNOT! I know this happens and with some yarns I expect it to happen but the rage I felt at this KNOT could only be surpassed by the shock D felt when I said "F&$%! You spend $40.00 on a skein of yarn.....$40.00 DOLLARS there should be NO KNOTS, NONE it makes me so mad!" and D says "really? the $40.00 dollars for the skein isn't what got you?" Fair enough but my standing argument is he has a race car and it eventually is a wash.
5. I was bored over the weekend and was filling out some random survey and it asked me what age group I am in........I am sad to report that I have been bumped into the next bracket with my impending birthday rapidly approaching.
6. It was D's birthday yesterday and I didn't plan accordingly so in that respect I failed as a wife......He got a card but that was about the extent of it.....I'll do better next year.

Answer me this before you click away from here..........How do you feel about knots in yarn? Especially when you pay 15.00 or more p/ skein?

Happy Thursday...........

p.s. I am sorry about the killing of the possum.......as for the slugs I'm sure the beer will go back out and their little party will resume, maybe I'll knit up some tiny paper lanterns to hang and make it more festive???

p.p.s. Mom will have read this last p.s. and will say 'she's just sick, but we love her in spite of it.'

Comments

Unknown said…
I get so angry when i hit knots in yarn, especially when it is $40.00. Even if it is cheaper yarn. It drives me crazy, because I relly do not like to blend a split in my knitting if i can I always want it on an edge, so I just hate it. Truly hate it when it is socks, like pull my hair out hate it.

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som