Skip to main content

Dear Passengers on Yesterday's Flight...

Between Dallas Fort Worth and Seattle, Wa...
I'm sorry you had to listen to me cough, sneeze, and blow my honker the entire flight.
You may have even heard me snore during the 20 minutes of the four hour flight that I slept.
I apologize for exposing you to whatever virus I was exposed to on the flight from Fort Meyers to Dallas.
Had I realized I was surrounded by *germ time bombs on that flight I might have tried to maneuver my seat to a safer location but it was a holiday weekend and it was inevitable that those little walking sniffling nose germ bombs would be littered liberally about the plane and being suceptible to catching a cold in flight I was doomed.

Hopefully the rest of you were smarter and dosed up on airborne prior to flying.
I was not so wise.
I should know better.
Next time I will.

In the meantime I hope that I nixed the germs in the bud when we had lunch in Dallas.
Hopefully the bloody mary's at the Irish Pub were strong enough to keep those little buggers from spreading and the only story of the flight you have to tell is about listening to some woman blowing her nose thru the whole flight and not cursing me for the cold you caught and spread to the rest of your lovely family.

That is my hope.
That is my Christmas wish.
That none of you caught the nastiness that kept me from watching the Silvertips whoop Saskatoon last night 5-1.
That had me leaving dinner with our friends early because all I wanted was to go to bed.
That probably started a rumor at the Irishmen amongst the servers when all I wanted to eat was ginger ale, a cup of croutons, and a little macaroni and cheese because I was feeling nauseas.

I hope you can forgive me in this time of Joy Love Cheer and good wishes for all.
I'm sure it's all your good wishes that have me feeling better today.

Sincerely,
The Girl in 14C

*while germ time bombs do refer to children please note that I have nothing against kids, and kids on airplanes, it's just that I know from working in a daycare that they are exposed to everything at a young age and therefore expose us to things without meaning too... I think children are delightful. Just not when I get exposed to their germs.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som