Skip to main content

Lists......

I make lists. It's what I spend about 30 minutes of my day doing.
I have a list of knitting projects that I'm doing and one for what I want to do.
I have a list of yarn I have and yarn I want to buy.
I make grocery lists
I make a to do list for work, a to do list for home, and a to do list for in between, like all the places I need to stop and in what order.
You would think that with all these lists I'd be over efficient. If anything I'm the opposite. The lists are like a guide for me and what I need to accomplish. I have a list taped to my fridge that I made 3 years ago. This is a list comprised of things that I want to do in my lifetime. Seem daunting? Not at all. It's just a list. I revisit it every year and scratch off stuff I've done, add new things I want to do, and take off the stuff that sounded good at the time but after some review probably not a good idea for me, for example mountain climing. I have friend who loves to climb mountains, really big mountains. He makes it sound like so much fun, so I wrote on my list that before I die I want to climb a mountain. Then I looked at the pictures from his climbs,http://www.7scc.org/ and I got dizzy. That's when I realized that with a fear of heights climbing to the top of a mountain was probably not in my future. The fact that I'm not a big fan of snow played in a bit too.

I think everyone should have a list of things they want to do in their life or just in a day. Lists give you a direction. There is no pressure to complete a task on the list, sometimes just the act of writing it down gives it shape, makes a big project look manageable. You don't have to complete the list. There is no set order in how it gets done. No one is judging you, there is no time limit, there are no rules or restrictions on what can be on the list. What it does is give you is a sense of accomplishment when you complete a task or achieve a goal.
I wanted to ride Seattle to Portland. In 2006 I crossed that off my list. That was a huge accomplishment, and one I'm planning on doing again this year.
Everyone should feel a sense of accomplishment every day. Even if all that's on their list for that day is getting out of bed. If you did it, cross it off.
Job Done.
In other news today: Marcy and I are progressing on our socks however...Marcy is having some trouble with her thumb. The doctor says stop knitting and she says 'yeah right, give me another alternative' well that alternative is a brace that immobilizes her thumb. However, she is still knitting and when the pain gets too much she puts it down, however reluctantly.

Here are pictures of where we are at right now.

As you can see we used beverage containers to display our progress. I have turned the heel and am now working on the gussett. It's moving a long quite quickly.

Marcy's colors are so great in this pattern.

Here is a picture of mine from above. The flat part at the top of the sock is the turned heel which is also the bottom of the foot. It's quite nice how the yarn stripes. However with the lace pattern that doesn't happen with the top of the foot.

Have a good night......

Go make a list.










Comments

Anonymous said…
ahhh, we are so talented. and yes, i live by lists as well.

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

24 Hours

I don't even really know how to tell you about our last weekend. We took a trip that lasted less than 24 hours from start to finish. Saturday morning we left our home at 8:30 a.m. with our friends and we caught a train to Portland, Oregon. We were going to watch our hockey team play against the Portland Winterhawks. It's important to note that Friday Portland and areas far south of Tacoma Washington were hit with a snow storm. But, we were taking the train so we weren't super concerned. I packed extra knit items and warm clothes just in case we needed it. Boy did we need it! As soon as we got out of the train station we snagged the first cab we saw and made it thru the snow covered streets to our hotel. Which was a short walk from Memorial Coliseum where the game was being played that night. Checked in, changed our clothes into our team colors, and headed out to walk around a bit and find some pub grub... That's when we realized we were in the m