Skip to main content

Happy Monday.....

News.....

1.The Super Simple Short Nasturtium sock in Berrocco comfort is moving along quite well. Just working on the decreases.

2. I frogged (ripped out) February Lady for me, Clearly after 2o rows I was doing the increases all wrong because I had no decorative increase what I had looked like.....complete crap....so I'll take it to class tomorrow and see what I'm doing wrong.

3. Mom went to a hot spring in Arizona with some friends of hers, this is what I pictured when they told me about it, this is what it actually is...Well i can't find pictures but those of you who remember bugs bunny and friends, picture yosemite sam cooking 'rabbit soup' and as far as what a hot spring is, well I found some really nice ones and based on what I was told by mom this morning, they might as well have gone to Mexico and drank 8 glasses of water and sat on toilet seats. :) Happy Birthday!

4. Moms Birthday was yesterday

5. Marcy, oh Marcy. I think the nasturtium pattern was wrong for her from the begining. As soon as she started knitting it things went wrong. The yarn didn't work, her thumb got all wonky and is now encased in a brace. Then she could only knit at night. Finally she finished her first sock and started her second only to discover she had.....distributed her stitches wrong starting with the heel and had to RIP the whole thing back to the begining of the heel. So disappointing, here is her quote for today...." it is very imporant when dividing stitches for the heel that you pay attention to which needle you are designating as the 'instep'. Otherwise, you make a lovely heel (with nary a hole in sight), only to discover that the beautiful heel has the extra two stitches that you need for the instep pattern. Crap!" Well put.

It goes right along with this quote I read the other day. "make sure when you read before doing the pattern that it's easy to understand. Also make sure that after you knitted the sock that it fits your feet." I apologize that I don't remember who wrote that but it is sage advice. Of course I typically make sure the sock is going to fit before I finish it......I've been screwed before.

6. It's Monday. The news can't get much better than that.



7. Also it's "microbrew Monday" at Famous Daves BBQ in Everett, for those of you who are local, don't stop reading here because I put this in for a reason.....
I point this out for 2 reasons.
1. when we asked last Monday what microbrews were on tap we were told Coors, Bud, and Bud Light...I know, take a deep breath... we questioned the waitress and didn't get much resolution, even after we sent her to the bar for more clarification...
2. We now celebrate 'macro' brew monday and order Stella instead laughing ourselves silly about the 'microbrews'.......hey maybe microbrews have become so popular that the domestics are quivering in the thin little tins.
I also want to note, that I love that the websites for the aforementioned beers makes you enter your age before entering. As far as I can tell you can't order beer online through the website but they still require you to be 21. This may require further investigation as to why..... Maybe a review of 'microbrew' websites is in order.
So, there you have it. News for monday, it's really nothing important but it's also something you'd never find in the newspaper.

If this wasn't what you were hoping for, I hope at least you enjoyed the pictures.
Now, I must skuttle downstairs and get dinner started......(well reheated anyway)
Have a good night.
Remember, Tuesday there is no post because of class but I'll a fresh one for everyone on Wednesday Evening.
Carmel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som