Skip to main content

I should probably just stick to knitting........

My dad celebrated his birthday this past Friday. Today he is having a little birthday celebration at his house. I volunteered to make the tiramisu that I made in Italy. It rolled blithley off my tongue, full of confidence and good will. That was 2 weeks ago. Today is the day the Tiramisu gets made. I'm going to point out a few differences between Tiramisu in Italy and Tiramisu in my Mukilteo Kitchen.
In Italy: Each group had a personal chef whi assisted us in our creating of the Tiramisu
In Mukilteo: I have two boxers.
In Italy: Eggs aren't pastueurized and have a beautiful orange yolk that gives the Tiramisu a lovely yellow custard color
In Mukilteo: I have pastuerized eggs and more of a pale yellow Tiramisu
In Italy: our Tiramisu had a nice custard consistency
In Mukilteo: one can only hope.

I can cook. I can cook up a storm. If I ever invite you to my house for a party you will all agree that the number one thing I ask people to bring is dessert. Why? Because I can't make dessert, which makes it all the funnier that I let fly that I would be happy to make Tiramisu just like in Italy. *brief pause while I laugh my ass off right now* I can barely make chocolate chip cookies. I can make brownies out of a box, cake out of a box, anything out of a box dessert wise I can handle.
Ask me to cook Thanksgiving dinner, no sweat, ask me to make a cheesecake and it'll look like a Philadelphia cream cheese neutron bomb blew in my kitchen.
So, I should probably stick to knitting. I know I can do it confidentally. It won't burn in the oven. There is no chance that I'll ever give someone food poisoning with it, maybe a rash because of a fiber allergy but you won't die from it.
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to check on my Tiramisu, that is hopefully hardening in the fridge as I type, and decide that I am going to have to leave 1/2 an hour early, stop at QFC and buy a delicious carrot cake for my fathers birthday.
I took a picture of my tiramisu, but I also added some nice pictures to take the queasiness away after looking at them....sitting there all cockeyed in my fridge taunting me with their unsolidness.


Here are the tulips from Butchart Gardens in Victoria B.C., aren't they nice...see you're starting to feel better already....

Quintus and Gabby taking advantage of the sun....so cute....feeling even better right?
Ahh my beautiful brown Bitter Sweet color yarn that's going to become the hat you see in the background....looking forward to wearing that this fall.....oh and Merry Christmas everyone!

And last but certainly not least, the Dancing Bamboo Sock. Pattern from the knitting book Pints and Purls, portable projects for the social knitter. The yarn is Sox that Rock in an exclusive color made for Tricoter in Seattle. You can only buy it at that store. The color name, Tricoter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som