Skip to main content

Stop the Insanity.....






Fisherman Bay, Lopez Island. Mom and I went last weekend for the bike ride, Tour de Lopez, that they have every year.

Here is mom, sporting her fancy new bike and totally loving it.......bought, built, and fitted at Rodriguez Bicycles in Seattle. If you need a bike, go there and ask for Smiley.

Agate Beach, stop number 3 on the ride.....
and since it's spring, the lambs were out.....
The lambs were funny...the white lambs for the most part would stick pretty close to their mothers and the rest of the flock. The black and brown lambs tore around the flocks like little wooly demons, I could identify with them of course. There were two in particular that I absolutely fell in love with and since I was on my bike I couldn't snap the picture. 2 black lambs tearing through the flock heading right for their mother. Now at this point you must keep in mind it is shearing season as well so the sheep are full of wool and the lambs are still nursing from time to time. Now, these 2 black lambs headed straight for their MaaaMaaa and when they reached her they split, one on each side and hit her so hard to get a teet that her back end literally bounced in the air. All the while the MaaaMaaa kept eating the grass.
I did mention it's shearing season......Here we have a shorn fleece from a Ram. That will make some very pretty yarn.......Speaking of pretty yarn.......


This is the yarn studio at Island Fibers and those bags are filled, FILLED with freshly sheared sheep wool. Made me a little light headed, a little dizzy, I mean, really....what do you touch first...almost makes you want to strip naked and roll in it, but since it was the first time in the studio and I really want to be invited back, it's probably for the best that I didn't pursue that little notion.


These skeins on the shelf in the picture below are undyed. That is the natural color of the sheep wool. I bought one skein of the cream, Mom bought the rest....3rd shelf down is the dyed wool, done in Maxines kitchen. I bought some of those too.....shocked?

Roving....merino and silk.........and the colors, I can't wait to see it spun into yarn.......
More roving.....mmmmmmmmmmmm
Here are 2 of my skeins...I'm going to make a couple hats.....
Here is my first Monkey Sock. The design is by Cookie A. The yarn is Sox that Rock Count Cluckula....
This is Marcy's sock in Sox that Rock 'Manly' It's beautiful. The pattern is called Cricket and it's a purchase pattern online I think. This is my first 'Helena' sweater. I do plan on making more, Marcy, don't shudder, I don't plan on making as many mistakes on the next 2 :). I am making it out of Berroco Comfort DK bought at So Much Yarn in Seattle. It's perfect, nice and soft and machine washable. Always a plus when knitting for children.
Well that's all I have for now. I have to go make Tiramisu for my fathers birthday dinner tonight so that means I have to go to the grocery store..........Have a Happy Sunday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som