Skip to main content

Citius Altius Fortius

This is serious business.........I thought maybe to calm my pre-cast on knitter jitters I would open a bottle of Chardonnay that I picked up at the store a while ago.
Yes that's blood you see, the cork screw caught me as I was trying to take the cork off of it. However I didn't notice the blood until after I had handled the skein of yarn and had to unwind a couple yards of it, set it on the table while I went to wash my hands, came back to see Quintus smacking his lips, apparently he has a taste for lace weight yarn. I love you Quintus, but if you develop a taste for wool, we're going to have a conversation. So, I would have taken a picture of the ruined yarn but the only way anyone is going to see it is a vet x-ray or tomorrow afternoon and those are two roads I'm not willing to travel tonight.

To add insult to injury, the wine sucked and I dumped it down the drain. Anyway, here I am ready to rock and roll. Started reading through the pattern and decided I'm already screwed but I'll fake it till it makes sense. The upside is that if I royally screw this up I bought 2 extra skeins of the knit picks Gloss Lace because I wanted to make sure that I had enough. As D. would say, typical.

I had to break out the headgear and reading glasses because I couldn't see the stitches that I had cast on.


I dumped the crappy wine and went with my tried and true knitting drink.

Bottoms up Knitters, let the Knitting Olympics begin.

May your yarn knit true

May your stitches stay straight

The colors not pool
The swift not break
We're off to knit
For 17 days
by the time it's done
we'll need another 28 (at the Betty)


Comments

Ms. Kimba said…
I also signed up for Yarn Harlots Olympics because hers just seemed...easier? I'm doing a shawl which is going way faster then I had first thought as I never knit one before. To top it off I am only knitting it while I am at work because I thought it would bring a challenge. It looks as though your going for?? I can't make it out in the pic..a shawl?? or something close. :)
Unfortunately I have turned my back on yarn momentarily after my own knit Olympics I created at Christmas. Oy Vey! I'm sure my hiatus won't be for long; my cousin is having a baby in 2 months and I have half a romper to create.

Lurve the Guiness! However, if you want a great knitting *wine*, try Moscato. Salut!

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som