Skip to main content

Thursday.........

it is Thursday right? I feel like I have had one of those weeks where it's gone on longer than it should and there is no end in site.....possibly because I spent 2.5 hours of it sitting at the car dealership service department waiting for Ghetto Jepeto's window to be fixed......it was over $400.00 for that little bit alone so I think my campaign to convince D that it's time for a new car is going to have to take a back burner for a while......especially since GJ still runs great and we have an understanding.....and the receptionist at the car dealership is entertaining. The big positive of the 2.5 hours is that I got some quality knitting done on a very long I-cord and thus finished off baby present #1. I am in a debate as I'd I want to do the matching hat or find another hat pattern to use with the same yarn but we'll see......in the mean time I started a baby shrug for Little Elaina that is moving along quite well and I have some sleeves to finish for Miss Frances and then at one can go out into the mail as well.....maybe the service department will let me just sit in their waiting room for a while....it is very conducive to boring knitting like long sleeves and I-cord.....so since baby gift #1 is indeed a gift and I am not sure if RacerGirl, the mom to be, reads my blog for sure I will have to post a photo after she receives the gift......plus the buttons haven't arrived so.... I found the buttons on Etsy and you can view the shop here

I am using my iPad for this so if that link is funny then I will fix it later......well it's almost five and instead of being ahead of the game like I was half an hour ago I am now verging on being late..........
Have a great day
P.s.
Here is my quote of the week:

"There comes a moment when you realize that you don't have a huge yarn stash but more of a collection of dreams and ideas that will someday reach their potential when you find the perfect pattern to turn them into....and having said that I will continue to buy yarn".....Carmel


(I am typing this on my iPad so if that link is funny I will fix it later.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som