Skip to main content

Moving Forward..........

For some of you this won't come as a big surprise for others it may. For over a year I've worked as a shop girl at my LYS (Local Yarn Store) which I've loved, but as with any good thing it must come to an end. I was getting frayed at the edges with only one day off a week seeing as I have a 9-5 Mon-Fri. It's never an easy decision to make because I worked for a friend and I didn't want to hurt her feelings by leaving. Well fate dealt me a hand I couldn't turn down. My friend sold the shop and while the offer was made for me to stay I took it as divine intervention. The time to change was now. Not only are fuel prices hitting a high mark, and racing seasoning is fast approaching, It's spring and as I look out my front window at my winter sodden yard, and the greenery starting push thru, (more of the weed variety I might add) I'm driven with an urge to get out there and garden.......it's okay mom, I really said that and you can get back in your seat now. She's laughing at me from her warm surroundings because back in the day no manner of bribery, money, pleading or grounding could get my bum out into the yard to work.......but as I roughly trip thru the process of getting older (I saw the roots of my hair today and the signs are there, time for a touch up) I feel the need to see what I can do in my yard, what can I make grow, and how do I kill the stuff I don't want to grow. It's exciting and a new sense of release can be felt. I will miss the Sunday ladies that I've come to look forward to seeing and was touched by their disappointment that I wouldn't be a regular anymore but there is an upside, I live in the Pacific Northwest and on days when it rains I will schlep down to Seattle and spend a lovely Sunday afternoon knitting and tripping through the market.
The biggest plus for having a full 2 day weekend is time at home with my husband and dogs.....
Now, I have one more week to make the most of my shop discount!
xoxo
Happy day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som