Skip to main content

My Relationship with....

Spiders is somewhat over the top, even for me. It's contradictory for sure. Bottom line.....they scare the bejeezus out of me, especially the ones that stand on their back legs and charge you? Have you met one? They are the Brown Recluse and they fear nothing and will bite and that bite can cause a nasty infection. I've had spider bites and the pain, swelling, and associated limping (depending on local of the bite) are stunning. They scare me, but here is the contradictory part.

I love watching baby spiders on the move. They've hatched from that teeny tiny egg sac, they've built a protective web and they all huddle in together for a while then a big wind comes and blows them into the shrubs, trees, and unfortunately for them some birds mouths. I love seeing them building their little weblets getting ready to start killing other insects (see I respect that they eat other bugs that I dislike). The 3 baby spiders that set up headquarters in my Ghetto Jepeto are no longer there but I had fun with them. It's when they get big and drop from out of no where that I scream and piddle in my pants a little, paired with running away in an undignified manner.

This morning as I was running up the stairs from the laundry room I was barefoot (of course) and there was a HUGE spider on the steps, HUGE, I tried to get the dogs to eat it but not before I screamed and ran singing into the kitchen 'that is a huge scary spiderrrrrrrr' in my best opera voice. D didn't budge by the way.

Let me put it in perspective. This is how I feel when I see a spider in the house that is big......

Comments

kelly said…
lol! My twenty-something-year-old babysitter is scared of spiders, too, and she traps them in bottles and cups and leaves them around the house for me to find. Just what I've always wanted!

Kelly @ Creating a Family Home

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!