Skip to main content

I'd Like to Introduce you to Martha Betty Stewart-Crocker

I've talked before about how much I cook for race day, and it's not a trial by any means, in fact I love it. I love the sense of community it's created in our pit area, it's brought a bunch of us together in a way that only food can and I am just giddy about it! Lots of people contribute and everyone has fun, which is really why we are all out there...(boys are you reading this?) I love that I cook for the people out there and that when I come home from the track it's all gone. (if you know racers you know it's almost impossible to get them to eat anything on race day) At least once a day while we are out there people ask if I have a tip jar so they can help contribute. I don't. It's not something that I'm 100% comfortable with asking people for money,  however everyone says I need one so Voila! I made one.....My crafty side reared it's glitter bedazzled head and took me to Michaels for some supplies.....Ever observe someone walking around clearly out of their element? That's me in Michaels. I can hit the yarn corner like nobody's business and maybe wander in the paints and sketch books for a while and maybe even pay a call on the frame department, but the minute you move me into the glitter paint, stickers, scrapbooking supplies and paper I am a fish out of water, and literally I was flopping around there just trying to land in a place that felt like I belonged....I think about scrapbooking, I have friends who do it, and they are amazing at it (Megan) and to be honest I love all the goods that go with scrapbooking. The paper, the embellishments, the stickers, the cases to carry it all in, but at the end of the day, it's not my thing, but I have a nice healthy respect for it and can see where it could get me in trouble. So here goes.......I spent a good hour wandering around Michaels and found a clear plastic paint can....I thought about an old fashioned glass jar but Glass in the Pits is forbidden so that was a no. After I settled on the paint can, I wandered around the stickers....Tried to find race cars but couldn't (which was surprising) But I found appropriate stickers and then got busy.....
First you take 1 clear plastic paint can then visit the scrapbooking paper aisle and pick out this beautiful textured red, fit it inside the can as a nice back-drop.

All decorating supplies should include Glitter Paint and Jewel Stickers

I found some foodie quote sticker that I strategically placed all around. (looks nice against the red doesn't it?)

Then I found some 3-d chef stickers, like a chefs hat, whisk, frying pan, etc

Some sticky glitter foam that I cut to fit the inside of the lid and then went to town with the glitter paint...Even I am impressed that I stopped here because honestly it could have gone on for a long time...

Ta-Da!
the new 'Everything but the Kitchen Sink' tip Jar
All Monies collected will be used for a celebrational party at the end of the racing season at which I will not be cooking.   
Tipping is not required for eating.
Come to the 21 Pit when you are at the speedway
Hang out, Eat Well, and Have Fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som