Skip to main content

Love Is....

When a pattern begins to take shape. It's what I love about this beret pattern. It gives so much after just a few rows....so much so that when you know you should put it down and go to sleep you instead push play for one more episode of Criminal Minds (yes I'm still on that kick) and crack out more rounds...Sadly I kept that up till about 11:00 p.m. last night and if I didn't have to be at the office in the morning I probably would have knit thru the night or at least until D ripped the yarn and needles from my cramped little hands.

I've had a minor major setback on the old Knitters Elbow...Just when I thought it was getting better, WHAMMO instant pain that hasn't gone away. Brace is back on, a few pain relievers have made their way down my hatch and the knitting keeps moving on. As long as I wear my brace while I'm knitting it doesn't hurt, stop knitting and try to pick something up like a pint glass of water it can't be done. So I'll probably have to make another Dr. appt and possibly get another shot, maybe have a release done which would mean a lot of shots, a small incision and the possibility that I will take up decoupage to fill in for knitting during recovery....lets not go down that route because I think we all know that once I learn decoupage everything will be decoupaged and right now I'm having too much fun just saying decoupage. Say it with me DE COU PAAAAGE! The art of taking something boring and making it awesome! (Mom, stop shaking your head at me and call you daughter...)

Happy Monday :)

wait...
it's not Monday

Crap

whatever

Happy Day in the Week that's not Monday!

P.S. the Pattern is the Autumn Vines Beret by Alana Dakos knit with Sublime DK on Size 6 needles....Shanna's going to swoon when she gets her hands on it!
C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som