Skip to main content

Bang Bang

It's what I call my Buffalo Chicken Recipe.
Dale loves it.
Loves it so much that he asked for it twice this week.
It's crazy easy and it's good for you.
The trick?
Remove the skin from the chicken
Don't deep fry it

So here it goes, I'll share with you my Bang Bang Chicken







Carmel's Bang Bang Buffalo Chicken

1 whole roasted chicken from the deli. Pull all the meat you can off of it and set aside
1 cup of white rice
2 cups of water
1 tbls olive oil
1 tbls butter
1 cup - 1 bottle of Moores Buffalo Wing Sauce (this varies depending on how saucy you want your chicken)
4-5 shakes of a hot sauce of your liking, I use Tapatio
3-4 ribs of celery. I cut one in to sticks because that's how D likes them and then I dice the rest for me.
1 tlbs favorite non-fat bleu cheese or ranch dressing

In a sauce pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss in your cup of white rice. I like to precook this a bit till some of the grains turn opaque, then add your two cups of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let cook for 20 minutes.

Remember that chicken meat you set aside and the skin you fed to the dogs, which is why they are sitting right behind you in the kitchen? Take that and roughly chop it.


In a separate sauce pan melt your 1 tablespoon of butter, toss in the chicken and stir it up to coat it. Now add your buffalo sauce. Remember less for just coated, more for saucy. Now add as many shakes of your favorite hot sauce as you want, I use about 4-5 of ours.

Reduce the heat, cover and let simmer till the rice is done, stirring it occasionally.

Now, dice up your celery, not super fine but not chunky either.

By this time, the rice should be almost done.

Grab your favorite bowl and scoop in 1 cup of rice, put a scoop of the chicken and drizzle some sauce around (did I mention I like it saucy?). Add 1 tablespoon of the Ranch or Bleu Cheese and sprinkle with your celery.

Literally 30 minutes to an amazingly delicious dinner.
Makes about 4-5 servings so we always have some to take for lunch the next day.

I hope you like it.
I know D does and I do too.
I like the diced celery because it adds a nice crunchy texture to it.

This is one of those recipes that came about because it was what we had in the house and I didn't feel like schlepping to the store.

Wanna make the chicken in the crockpot?
take some frozen chicken tenders and toss them in the pot
cover with buffalo sauce
add a few shakes of hot sauce
cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
20 minutes before the chicken is ready cook your rice
dice your celery
rip open your jar of dressing

you can also shredd the chicken and serve it on kaiser rolls with a dollop of dressing and a few sprinkles of celery.

Quite the versatile little dish isn't it?

Happy Friday
C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som