Skip to main content

The Chores are Winning...

Saturday is technically chore day around my house which means 
the dog hair gets swept up in force instead of the sad little attempts I make during the week. 
The grocery shopping is supposed to be done and an ungodly hour because I hate shopping when everyone else does. 
All the stuff that gets pulled out in the bathroom during the week gets put away and at least 2 loads of laundry are supposed to get done. 
However...
las night was bowling league night (i still suck by the way) followed immediately by a Silvertips Hockey game against our biggest rival the Seattle Thunderbirds. We whooped em', whooped em' to the tune of 4-0. 
On top of that we met D's brother and wife afterwards for a beer. I stuck with water since I was the DD for the night. 
Needless to say I didn't get home and in bed till 12:30....The dogs woke up at 5:00 a.m. and I bribed them with a cookie to let me sleep a little bit longer. That lasted till 7:00 when all bets were off and I was going to feed them or become the feed...
I immediately went back to bed.
9:30 is when I officially woke up and decided to make breakfast for us...I'm trying to cook more at home, breakfast out on the weekends was always something we did, not healthy and definitely not budget friendly. 

So my whole plan went up in smoke. I had to shop at the store with a bunch of people I consider rude. 
Got nailed by the little Brownie Girls selling Girl Scout cookies at the door. Now I have 4 boxes of cookies that I can't eat in my purse. I'm a sucker for the girl scouts and CampFire girls...having been both, so I always drop a ton of cash on their cookies, plus who can resist the cuteness of them all dressed up in their uniforms trying to figure out money and how to get you to buy 6 of each box? I can't...

So my schedule is off for a bit and I'm going to let it ride, there is always tomorrow to catch up on what I didn't do today...with that thought in mind there is a purple beret calling my name from the living room, not to mention a bottle of advil, a cup of coffee and huge bottle of water. It was cowbell night at the game and my head is still ringing...Still trying to figure out how I ended up with 3 cowbells...wonders never cease. 

maybe I'll snag a nap too but I really really want to get that hat done today! 
Happy Saturday! 
Carmel 

p.s. 
Mom, there is a box of thin mints coming your way, do with them what you will! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som