Skip to main content

A Conversation from Wednesday Afternoon...

Background on the conversation:
I was running behind and forgot that I had to get fuel for Ghetto Jepeto on my way in to work.
Fast forward to 5:00 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.

Scene: In our bedroom while D is getting ready for us to go pick up our season hockey tickets.

Me: (standing by the bedroom door in case I need to make a break for it) I have something I need to tell you and it's not good.
D: (in the bathroom brushing his teeth) Is it going to make me mad.
Me: possible (poised in a running start position)
D: then you probably shouldn't tell me.
Me: Oh no, I need to tell you...
D: Then tell me...
Me: I got pulled over today on my way in to work.

everything goes silent.

D: (steps out of the bathroom with a very somber look on his face) How much was the ticket?
Me: (huge smile) I didn't get a ticket, I got a stern scolding.
D: What were you doing that got you pulled over?
Me: Driving like I was on a racetrack!
D: What?
Me: He said I was driving as if I was on a racetrack and that I needed to settle down. It's possible I was being a little aggressive as well...
D: well at least you didn't get a ticket.
Me: I thought you'd be happy that they pulled me over for aggressive driving since you say the cops in this state only pull you over for speeding and not for bad driving...
D: I am happy about that, just not happy it was my wife that they pulled over...
Me: Fair Enough...
D: did they really use the term 'racetrack'
Me: could I make that up?

The conversation ended well. I don't know what I was more nervous about, getting the ticket that I didn't get or having to call D at work first thing in the morning and tell him I got a $400 + ticket...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

It's Been a Long Time

A really long time. Well, looking back I did post in July but honestly it's been a while since I've done anything of substance and why is that? Well, I can tell you. There will be some swear words but if you know me and know me well I never shy from a good swear fest. Life has been a shit show roller coaster. Honestly. Full on, Universal Studios grade, shit show roller coaster, for about two years. It's used up a lot of the stuff that I used to put here. I loved posting here. Loved it. It was the perfect ADHD mind dump. It was fun. Then all of the sudden the thought of having to write a post was so overwhelming it was all I could do to justify NOT doing it. I had and have a lot of those overwhelming moments still. Mostly in the yogurt aisle when it appears that everyone on the planet has learned that Fage 2% plain is really freaking good and there is none left for me... honestly. I think in 2016 I full on left my cart and exited the store asap. Multi...