Skip to main content

It's Here! It's Here!

Fall is here!
I'm super excite for fall...
For one thing, it's hands down my favorite season...
Changing leaves
Shorter Days
Cuddling up in hand knit hats, cowls, sweaters, socks, mitts, etc.
Pumpkins! Oh Pumpkins! How I love, LOVE, L-O-V-E pumpkins
Football games
end of racing season...

the fall is a beautiful time of year...The days can still be warm and delightful, but there is a snap in the air and a change of smell that heightens the senses. It's a time where we can layer instead of bundle up...
Tank tops under sweaters, under cowls, under hats, and hand-knit socks that keep the snap from freezing your toes...

It's gusts of wind and leaves flying thru the air...

It's fall.
It makes me miss Minnesota.
The times that Megan and I would drive to Two Harbors and look at the leaves.
Walking down the driveway at home with my Mom...
The smell of burning leaves.
The new freshness in the air that's carried on the wind...
Did I mention pumpkins...

As I write this I picture my mom, walking thru her tomato plants and picking the ripe fruit. She makes  pretty big haul. On past visits I've done it with her and I love it. I wish I was there right now... I love the smell of tomato vines and I love eating a tomato sandwich made with her tomatoes...

It's time for my early weekend mornings, knitting and drinking coffee and hanging with the dogs....
It's harassing D on a daily basis to go to the pumpkin patch and try to convince him that I need 20 pumpkins, not just 4.

It's also our nine year anniversary.
This year we are doing something simply fabulous for our anniversary.
It includes friends, who also have anniversaries in October.
Wanna know why we all have anniversaries in October?
It's the end of racing season and we all married race car drivers...

Today I donned on the socks I finished over the summer...I'm doing a Floating Home tour with my friend and we have to take off our shoes...i dislike walking thru strangers homes without my shoes on but I really dislike doing it in my bare feet.

I'm just waiting for D so we can go have pancakes for breakfast...

Happy Sunday ya'll! 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Love your post! Fall is here as well. You've inspired me to write about autumn today as well! But I need to wait until the sun goes down. :)

Wish you were here to go to the apple orchards and pumpkin patches with us! Or better yet I WOULD love to visit your pumpkin patch you visit out in WA. Looks like you have a fun time every time you go!
Carmel said…
I would love to do both! You here and me there! I love them!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!