Skip to main content

WIP

This is a wee tiny hat for BW.
Possibly the hat that he'll wear home from the hospital.
I'm using the same yarn I used for the trim on his striped Baby Vertebrae sweater.
I'm going to crack out some booties as well!
The name of the pattern is 'Cable Baby' and is a free download on Ravelry.
It's ridiculously easy, and if you are still on the fence about knitting with cables this hat will help you clear that fence like and Olympic hurtler!

It says to use a circular needle but I find with baby hats that DPN's work much better, or if you prefer magic loop that should work as well.

I need to get hustling on this though, I think the betting pool is leaning towards an early arrival for BW who is technically supposed to be here end of October.

I seriously can't wait to meet him. Not to mention see him all whooled (who-ooled) up in knitwear!

Comments

Julie said…
Aww, what a great little hat! babies in knits, always such a joy to see them getting a taste for quality when they are young!
Carmel said…
I think BW is going be spoiled with wool by the time he's 2! I have other stuff staged for as he grows but this hat and the booties i'm making are going to be perfect!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago ...

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!