Skip to main content

Dear Mr. Virus,

To say that your arrival Monday afternoon was a surprise would be an understatement.
I was shocked really.
You've always had horrible timing but this really takes the cake.
Not that I can eat cake, thank you very much. Ever since you landed I've had trouble swallowing.

It would be nice if you could check your calendar and match it with mine for future visits.
It's the Christmas season. It's literally 7 days till Christmas Eve.
I have stuff to do, and entertaining your infectious arse isn't on the list.
I have a houseful of people to prepare for this coming Saturday.
I have a dinner on Christmas Eve to prepare
Plus I have a Christmas Brunch and Dinner to prepare on Christmas Day!

Really. could you have picked a worse time?
I have gifts I need to get shipped
I have gifts I need to finish knitting
I still have to invade the mall and do a little Christmas shopping.
spending all day with you yesterday trying to convince you to take a hike was a wasted day and none of what needed to get done could get done.
You literally zapped me of all my energy.

It's not fair, it's not nice, and I think you've overstayed your welcome.

It's time for you take your leave.
I don't have time for you right now.

Sincerely,
C. McSickypants.

p.s. please return my voice before you leave.

Comments

Unknown said…
I cannot believe that you got sick, Poor You, Hope you feel fetter soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

It's Been a Long Time

A really long time. Well, looking back I did post in July but honestly it's been a while since I've done anything of substance and why is that? Well, I can tell you. There will be some swear words but if you know me and know me well I never shy from a good swear fest. Life has been a shit show roller coaster. Honestly. Full on, Universal Studios grade, shit show roller coaster, for about two years. It's used up a lot of the stuff that I used to put here. I loved posting here. Loved it. It was the perfect ADHD mind dump. It was fun. Then all of the sudden the thought of having to write a post was so overwhelming it was all I could do to justify NOT doing it. I had and have a lot of those overwhelming moments still. Mostly in the yogurt aisle when it appears that everyone on the planet has learned that Fage 2% plain is really freaking good and there is none left for me... honestly. I think in 2016 I full on left my cart and exited the store asap. Multi...