Tuesday, January 07, 2014

beast

As in yarn beast.
This shawl cosumes yarn
I'm keeping it clear of the stash lest I come home and find it gone.
In 3 days it consumed a whole 220 yards for one section.
I'm stunned.
I bought an extra skein of grey and am realizing now that it won't be nearly enough.
Not even close to enough.
I have to go back to the yarn store.
Not that that's going to be a problem for me.
Maybe a problem for D.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to rent studio space to block this beast.
I don't know that our king size bed is big enough.
Plus I don't think I could convince D that we have to sleep in the guest room for a couple days.

I know that bed isn't big enough for  blocking this monster.

I can't wait till it's done.
Honestly.
I've always wanted a worsted weight blanket.
I just went about it in a different manner.


I think this shawl will be great for early Saturday mornings waiting for the heat to kick in.
Traveling on planes when it gets chilly. I could wrap up the whole row with it.
I bet it'll fold into a very squishy pillow.

I guess I'll wind up that second skein tonight and get started on the last and final section.
I'll have to get the back up skein soon.
I bet 5 rows will wipe out 220 yards right now.
I have 2 stockinette rows to go and then the final border.

Then the bind off.

Should we take bets on how long it'll take me to bind off?
Point of reference. When I bound off my Citron Shawl it took me 45 minutes.

I think this will take me an hour.

What do you think?


1 comment:

Ludmilla said...

Beautiful shawl. I see your patience and talent in every stitch.

Search This Blog

Loading...

hoofers

hoofers

Remember......

"aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway"
Mary Kay Ash

Total Pageviews