Skip to main content

Freezerritos!

Everyone has a variation of freezer burritos and after reading many of the recipes I decided that it couldn't be simpler.

I should have prefaced this by, I really dislike the time consuming task of packing up lunch and breakfast for myself and D every day, but it's worth it because we eat better food and feel better.

Enter the Freezerrito.

You can crack out about 12 of these suckers in about 40 minutes. That includes cooking the eggs and whatever breakfast meat you want to add.

Week one I used Jimmy Deans breakfast sausage.
Week two (currently) I had a bunch of bacon that needed to be used so that's what I put in them.

I prefer sausage in my freezerrito I've decided.

Other add ins
Salsa
Green Onion
Cheddar Cheese


Freezerrito Recipe:
You'll need foil for wrapping
Ziploc freezer bag so they aren't rolling all around the freezer.
a couple sprays of non-stick cook spray
12 Whole Wheat 8 inch tortllas
12 eggs well beaten
1lb of breakfast sausage or meat of your choice
1 cup of obrien breakfast potatoes
2 cups shredded cheddar
4 diced green onions
1 container of fresh salsa

Cook the sausage, drain and set aside in a bowl.
Wipe the skillet, give it a couple toots of the non-stick spray and fry up your obriends till they are brown.
A couple more toots of non-stick spray and you can scramble your eggs... you want them slightly underdone because they will cook more when you reheat your freezerrito.

In a large bowl mix up the eggs, sausage and potatoes till they are all pretty evenly distributed amongst each other...

lay out 12 sheets of foil
stack up 12 tortillas

using a 1/3 measure cup or a large spoon put a scoop of egg mixture in the tortilla, sprinkle with about a tablespoon of cheese, a pinch of green onion, and a little salsa like a half a tablespoon. fold up the sides of your tortilla and roll from the bottom. Keeping the seam down, place on the foil and roll er' up tight and set aside.
repeat till done.

put them in the freezer and all week you'll have breakfast for you and yours... I have mine with yogurt and fruit on the side and it gets me to lunch. :)

When you go to reheat it really depends on the microwave you are using but anywhere from 2-3 minutes is good.

play around with them, change what breakfast meat you use, the cheese, the veggies, you don't have to use potatoes, I threw them in the first time because they were in the freezer, I didn't use them this week because, well there weren't any in the freezer...

once again I've failed to take a picture of the actual burrito and when I thought about it it was half gone and since it was on a cheap paper plate and not a pretty plate like I have at home I chose not to share my half eaten breakfast with you...

Happy Wednesday!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som