Skip to main content

Pack your hand knits

We're planning our next trip to Maui.
By planning I mean, I'm into the finite details of daily activities.
Not too many because lets be honest, it's Maui and if your daily goal is to lay
like a Harbor seal on the hot sand avoiding a shark bite, then you've already won.
There are however a few things that myself, D and The Girls, will want to do...

Before you think I suddenly aquired a child or children The Girls refer to
our niece and her best friend who are coming along for the ride.

Adventures, there are many to be had on Maui, from the extreme cliff diving and biking down a volcano, to swimming at beaches while you ignore the shark attack warning signs... That's what I do and it gives my life a level of risk that I balances perfectly.

So the adventures we're looking into are kind of in the middle
kayaking
a day trip on a scooter
Zip lining for D and the Girls. (this will be my harbor seal on the beach morning)
Luau (the best one in Maui in my opinion is the Feast at Lele
Surf Lessons
and
A trip up to the top of Haleakala. Maui's volcano to watch the sun come up.

We went up there on our last visit and while the valley and the beaches are a balmy 84 degrees
Haleakala at 5:00 a.m. for a sunrise that rips through you, is a frigid 33 degrees.

Last time I was ill prepared
This time I will not be.
I cast on an ear flap hat for myself last night.

So if you're planning a trip to Maui and think that you may make the drive to Haleakala you will do well to pack your snowsuit next to your banana hammack.

And, if you're on the volcano when I am, I'll be the cutie in the hot rasberry pink garter ear flap hat bitching about people blocking the view with their iPads that they use for pictures...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

24 Hours

I don't even really know how to tell you about our last weekend. We took a trip that lasted less than 24 hours from start to finish. Saturday morning we left our home at 8:30 a.m. with our friends and we caught a train to Portland, Oregon. We were going to watch our hockey team play against the Portland Winterhawks. It's important to note that Friday Portland and areas far south of Tacoma Washington were hit with a snow storm. But, we were taking the train so we weren't super concerned. I packed extra knit items and warm clothes just in case we needed it. Boy did we need it! As soon as we got out of the train station we snagged the first cab we saw and made it thru the snow covered streets to our hotel. Which was a short walk from Memorial Coliseum where the game was being played that night. Checked in, changed our clothes into our team colors, and headed out to walk around a bit and find some pub grub... That's when we realized we were in the m

Life in the Time of Covid

I have officially been working from home. Staying home.  Self-Isolating.  Safe Distancing.  For three four months.  My last day at my office was March 12.  If I look back and track how this transition has gone it's roller coaster.  But if you really want an accurate accounting of how my time has been spent These pictures sum it all up Thank you Anna Hrochavec for your amazing inspiring patterns Happy End of June. May the odds be ever in our favor for July. Naked Gnome, Tiny Island, Unicorn tiny cat octopus. one of my favorites fried eggs. Seriously how can you not be in love with these guys Ragnar by special request of my husband who is watching Vikings Tiny Parrot. Need to make another and send it to my nephew Ragnar likes the squirrel and dino Ragnar thinks this tiny cat is an attach tiger but it's just a cat. Sumo still waiting for his opponent Parrot meet Dragon *Drago helping the dinosaurs