Skip to main content

24DOK Day 17: Back 2 Back

I'm sticking with my schedule of events for the time being so that means you get back to back Jane Richmond patterns.

Headed to a Christmas party or nine this weekend?
Need to find yet another hostess gift?
Have some extra super bulky yarn?
Say about 270 yards?
Size 17 needles?
Crochet hook?

Did you say yes to all of the above?

Did you give it a 'Hells Yesssss'?

If you did, then all you need is this fantabulous pattern.

Elliston

A super-bulky lacey ribbed fringed scarf.

I know. So many wonderful things wrapped up in one scarf, how can you hold back.

I had the honor, the pleasure, and delight of test knitting this for her before it released last year.

My friend who was the recipient loves it.

I love it.


Again, It's one of those things that I make for someone else and think 'i need one of those for me'

And then like a crazy crow get distracted by more patterns, yarns, notions, life and it falls to the back of the pile.

This scarf knits up crazy fast! It's so warm and squishy, whoever you gift it to, will love it.

Don't be ashamed to wrap that up for yourself and put it under the tree either. I make, buy and wrap a lot of stuff for me that I put under the tree and tell everyone the dogs bought it for me.

I promise, when you knit this scarf and give it a test wrap about your neck you'll be as delighted as I was last year when I took these pictures...

I wonder where that striped sweater is, I love that thing but it seems to have vanished.

Maybe Mr. Brown took it. He's was notorious in his younger days of taking my things and hiding them under his bed.

Rock on Thursday.
Cannon ball us into the weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som