Skip to main content

Happy Easter!


We are not super religious in our corner of the family.

While growing up we did attend the Easter Mass, followed by the Easter Brunch and the Easter Egg Hunt.

Lets be honest, Easter Brunch at a fancy restaurant is where it's at, especially when you are 8 years old and your parents let you fill your own plate.

Dessert for breakfast!

Waffles and Omelettes and a dessert bar that would make your heart stop.

My love for Petits Fours came from the Easter Brunch buffet at the Four Seasons Hotel in Seattle when I was seven years old. I have loved ever since the idea of little individual dessert cakes.

Today though is a pretty normal Sunday with the added bonus of Easter dinner at our friends house this afternoon with their extended family.

So, I woke up at 6:00 and headed to the store to get ready to crack out some Cheddar Chive and Guinness bread not to mention two Gooey Butter Cakes.

I am the girl who loves to get to the grocery store first thing in the morning. I love it.
I can putter around at whim buying whatever my heart desires and my list dictates.

I've also started planning out our meals for the entire week and prepping breakfast for the week all on Sunday's. Which has made a huge difference in my life, not to mention our dining out budget.

A difference of 40 pounds to be exact. I'll tell more as I get back into the flow of blogging again but for now I'll keep my silence.

Life changes people. Life changes.

The Easter Bunny did visit this morning after I went to the grocery store. Phoebe got a stuffed Lamb Chop and Mr. Brown got a fancy biscuit. More his style... his love for stuffies is taking them away from his sisters and running around till they smack him to get them back.

What's the breakfast this week? Muffin omelets. Bake them in muffin tins, freeze them and reheat them at the office. Hopefully it works or we're going back to the whole wheat berry walnut muffins we've been eating for weeks on end.

Spring is definitely trying to show its face here in the PNW, however as it's currently pouring down rain it seems to have lost it's way.

No worries though. I leave on the 8th to head far southeast to Naples to visit mom and G for almost nine sun soaking days. Shopping, beach, dolphin sitings, maybe I'll start my running program in Naples, I always think this is a good idea because it's flat and every vacation I come home, still without a solid running program.

As of right now I'm only packing one knitting project and plan on buying yarn for the KAL we are starting over at America's Knitting it's the Gemini KAL. We'll be knitting the summer top Gemini by Jane Richmond and we are all super excited. I'm hoping to find some cotton bamboo to use for mine.

If you want to join, pop of over to the America's Knitting group and join us. We'd love to have you.
The official thread will be posted at the end of April with all the details and 'rules'.

Happy Sunday all! My cooking timers are all going off at the same time

eeeeek! Back into the kitchen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

24 Hours

I don't even really know how to tell you about our last weekend. We took a trip that lasted less than 24 hours from start to finish. Saturday morning we left our home at 8:30 a.m. with our friends and we caught a train to Portland, Oregon. We were going to watch our hockey team play against the Portland Winterhawks. It's important to note that Friday Portland and areas far south of Tacoma Washington were hit with a snow storm. But, we were taking the train so we weren't super concerned. I packed extra knit items and warm clothes just in case we needed it. Boy did we need it! As soon as we got out of the train station we snagged the first cab we saw and made it thru the snow covered streets to our hotel. Which was a short walk from Memorial Coliseum where the game was being played that night. Checked in, changed our clothes into our team colors, and headed out to walk around a bit and find some pub grub... That's when we realized we were in the m