Skip to main content

40

It's a number.
I turned 40 two years ago.

It was then I noticed that I was experiencing a lot of changes in my personality and behavior that was definitely not the norm for me.

I ate mushrooms. Literally ate and enjoyed mushrooms at my 40th birthday dinner. Up to this point I would spent 20 minutes meticulously picking mushroom bits out of anything.

I finally felt comfortable with who I was and where I was in my life. I have great friends. Amazing friends who I love so much and cherish every minute of time I get to spend with them. Even texting makes my day better.

I started having anxiety on planes. Not a good change but definitely a change. My doctor and I have remedied it beautifully.

I started wanting to ride the big scary fast twisty roller coasters. The same ones that 7 years before you couldn't drag me on. Loved it and did them again and again.

I started suffering bouts of depression and mild anxiety. Again not good but I can identify and cope.

In the last five months I've lost 50 pounds. Let me tell you what a boost of confidence that gives you.

I wore a dress to work today that 5 years ago would have put me into a tailspin of doubt about my ability to wear such a dress. Or the fact that I would even own a dress. I think the last dress I wore was in my brothers wedding six years ago.

The latest and greatest change since turning 40...

Red Lipstick.

I am loving my Meet Matte Hughes Liquid Lipstick in Adoring.

Mom and I are meeting up in San Francisco this Saturday then boogying down the coast to the Monterrey Peninsula for a glorious week of wine, beaches, knitting, and just being together.

Can't wait to see what she thinks of the red lips!

This dress is perfect for my job with orthopedic surgeons. It also glows in the dark. A dazzling detail that has spread around and resulted in me being dragged into dark rooms and closets all day... 


You can find this dress at ModCloth my favorite shopping site currently!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

24 Hours

I don't even really know how to tell you about our last weekend. We took a trip that lasted less than 24 hours from start to finish. Saturday morning we left our home at 8:30 a.m. with our friends and we caught a train to Portland, Oregon. We were going to watch our hockey team play against the Portland Winterhawks. It's important to note that Friday Portland and areas far south of Tacoma Washington were hit with a snow storm. But, we were taking the train so we weren't super concerned. I packed extra knit items and warm clothes just in case we needed it. Boy did we need it! As soon as we got out of the train station we snagged the first cab we saw and made it thru the snow covered streets to our hotel. Which was a short walk from Memorial Coliseum where the game was being played that night. Checked in, changed our clothes into our team colors, and headed out to walk around a bit and find some pub grub... That's when we realized we were in the m