Skip to main content

Day 1: The Introduction

Hello! 


I'm Carmel.
40 something medical coder, amateur photog, surf enthusiast, and a knitter for over 15 years. I also love to cook and plan meals that rarely happen. I have a serious affection for Blood Sausage Pizza that you can get at a local restaurant in Mukilteo and I won't try hagis because there is a part of me that is afraid that when I do I will really really enjoy it.

So to get Day 1 of the 30 Day blog challenge started I'm going to answer 50 questions I found on line.
Good Luck.
I hope you get thru it all.
Crap, I hope I get thru them all :)

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
The town of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
October 22 in a bar at the airport waiting to board a flight home.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No, I think it looks like a 14 year old girl

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Boars Head Beef Bologna... 

5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes!

6. Do you have kids?
Yes, only if my dog counts. I do have 'rentals' aka Nieces and Nephews that we borrow for vacations.



7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT?
More than I should. It just comes so easily

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes! 

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Are you insane!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Cereal. All Cereal. From Grape Nuts to Apple Jacks I love them all...

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Nope!

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Yes

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Spicy Chocolate Gelato

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their face.

15. RED OR PINK?
Pink

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My social anxiety

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Mr. Brown. My 14 and half year old boxer who died a year ago



18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Well I had to google this and honestly if it is what I think it is I need to get over my social anxiety issues. 

19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Grey Sanuk slip ons

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Dark Chocolate Kodiak Cakes

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The heater in my office

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Periwinkle

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Eucalyptus and Lemongrass

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My brother :)

25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
BEACH HOUSE! Preferably in Maui but I'll take anywhere I can sit out and watch the surfers

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Surfing

27. HAIR COLOR?
Blonde, for now

28. EYE COLOR?
Blue

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope!

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Mexican. Seriously. I could eat Mexican all the time...

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy Endings, but I'm always down for a good thriller with the caveat that I will bale if it gets to scary.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Blade Runner, the new one. I think I'm the only one who didn't like it... it took forever. D said 'you have used up your allotment of sigh's in movies'

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
White

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer!

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Both. Why choose?

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Pecan Pie or english muffin with freezer jam, what I refer to as breakfast dessert.

37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Yoga and Cardio. I carry a lot of stress in my body and while cardio is good to get some agression out, yoga allows me to stretch and center. I have noticed though that if I am in a bad frame of mind that I can't do yoga, I'm afraid I'll hurt myself.

38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Both. I play on my computer, knit and listen to the television at the same time. 

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
The Scarpetta Factor & the new Jack Reacher The Midnight Line

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
DJ Cat playing a pepperoni pizza player


42. FAVORITE SOUND?
The opening of the Seahawks Kickoffs

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
O|A|R from Rockville Maryland

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Venice Italy

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Good talent: taking photos
Bad talent: I can eat a ton of cereal

dancing at my nieces wedding was a good talent

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Basin, Wyoming

47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Mukilteo, WA

48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Dark Taupe, Cream Trim, Black Shutters, Red front door

49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
White!

50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Yes and no. I want to be pithy but also honest.           

One of the best things I've done:
Hid from my husband in Terminal 2 Minneapolis Airpot and this is where he found me

               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som