Skip to main content

That Happened Fast...


It was Christmas.
Then I had 'Year End' at work and we all know what that's like.
The day after year end we flew off to Maui for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!
Part Vacation *all vacation
Part family wedding.

One of my nephews got married.
He married the most wonderful girl.
We've had the chance to get to know her over the years of their on again off again relationship and I can honestly say, he is so lucky.

He married into an amazing family.
Expanding our family.
It was beautiful.

All wedding should be in Maui and please feel free to invite me and my hubs.

Seriously.

Yes we were in Maui for the 'false alarm' missile attack.
Yes there are plenty of jokes now on why you shouldn't travel with me. (for those who don't know I was hiding in a parking lot in Las Vegas on 10/1 during the mass shooting)

London is coming up and I think my family is a questioning getting on the tube with me.

Heck I'm questioning it.

Anyway.

Whirlwind trip to Maui.
Beautiful Wedding.
Two weeks playing catch up at work.
I'm knitting.
Like honest to goodness knitting.

I had a lofty goal last year of knitting all things Jane Richmond and well, depression, stress, and life in general I just put the needles down for a while.

This year I have another lofty goal and I have to be honest. It's already going off the rails.
What started as a goal of knitting 12 Fairisle hats has now loomed into 20 hats, 2 yoked sweaters, and I just added Baa a fairisle sheep by Susan B. Anderson

Off. The. Rails.

My other goal.
Eat more meals at home. Meal plan. Prep. Repeat.
I am planning most of my meals from these four blogs for the next year. Throwing in some recipes that I haven't tried before because they scare me.

1. Pinch of Yum I adore Lindsay and Bjork her husband. I love the world they've created. I love the world they share. They suffered a tragedy and heartbreak last year and following her journey has been inspiring, amazing, and heartbreaking. Her food is amazing. Please follow them online, on Facebook, on Instagram. I promise you won't be disappointed.
2. Smitten Kitchen Deb Perelman is hilarious in her writing and her kitchen creations. Amazing meals, funny prose, beautiful photos and now two cookbooks, which I need to add to my library. Please follow her as well and I suggest you immediately try her Quick Pasta with Chickpeas sounds weird I know but it is amazing comfort food at it's best.
3. Once Upon a Chef I have been following Jenn Segal for a few years now. Her recipes are beautifully written. Easy to follow and turn out amazing. Last night we had her Chicken Marsala. You should go out and make it right now. Double that recipe and just I can't even form a thought thinking about how good it was. Amazing.
4. The Kitchen  Really more than just a food blog. They cover all things food, kitchen, travel eating related and I get a lot of amazing ideas from them. You won't be disappointed.

So I know you probably want to see some pictures and I'm not here to disappoint.
Happy Friday Ya'll :)

And again, Congratulations Jacob and Sarah I am so honored to have shared in your beautiful day. 
Somewhere near Paia Town


wedding chapel at the Grand Wailea

Ho'Okipa Beach near Paia

Add caption

Nakalele Blow Hole

Near Nakalele Blow Hole

Heart Attack

Gather Cowl by TinCanKnits

Norwegian Star Beanie. One of many fairisle projects planned for this year.

Red Hotdog Musubi. I bought it. I tried it. If it didn't have the nori on it I think I would have loved it.

Some of my favorite family

The Bride The Groom. The ...

When people at work comment that I come back from Maui empty handed I threaten to bring back this...

The rental/niece

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som