Skip to main content

Buried Projects...


So yesterday afternoon while wading thru my yarn room I stumbled upon yet another unfinished project.

The Churchmouse Easy Fold Poncho click here for pattern info at Churchmouse Yarns. 

Thankfully most of it is done. There is a wee bit of knitting to do but that's the easy part.
The hard part of this project was knitting 60 inches of stockinette.

SIXTY INCHES.

By the time I got done with all 60 of those tedious mind numbing inches I couldn't even stand to look at it anymore.

So away it went.
I would stumble across it again from time to time and think you should really block that and get it done.

I didn't.
Either there was stuff on the dining room table or the guest bed had yarn on it or The Husband wanted to use our bed for sleeping.

Well as I was saying, I stumbled upon it yesterday and thought, the time has come, into the bath you go. 
Phoebe seemed a little bewildered by me tossing something besides myself into the tub, but it's also a full moon and she's being a bit weird.

After a solid 20 minute soak, I got out my blocking pads and stretched it across the guest bed only to discover that I have no idea what bin my knit blockers are in and I didn't have it in my to pull all of them out try and locate. 
the knit blockers are in here somewhere...
Like I said I was 'wading' thru my yarn room. A few months back my mom sent me a box weighing well over 70lbs full of yarn and all those bags are strewn about in my room waiting to be sorted and stored. 
I don't know where they will be stored but they are waiting.

So it's currently layed out, not pinned because I also discovered that I am lacking in T-pins.
It's fine though. I have to do it again after I do the sewing and the picking up the cowl neck collar.


So you know what I'll be doing this weekend once it dries and I can have my way with it.

Sewing it up. I hate sewing up knits.

It'll be worth it. It's the best green that Dream In Color ever did. I love it and I am not a lover of the color green.

Seriously. I know the room is a hot mess and a half. I showed a friend today the picture and she visibly shuddered and the offered to organize it. 

Happy Friday :) 

Comments

Magg said…
We all have those spots of hot messes. When your friend is done helping you please send her my way.

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som