Skip to main content

The Adventures of Fred the Squirrel, Dino the Dinosaur and Friends

I'm running two Knit A-Longs this year for the America's Knitting Ravelry group.
One is designer focused.- January is focused on patterns designed by Espace Tricot
The other is toy focused.
January's toy focus is Mochimochi Land Toys by Anna Hrachovec.


So Saturday I knit a bowling ball and pin, Koala, and a Dragon. (the purple one is new and has been adopted by a friend) The little Black Heart Dragon I made a month or so ago. He loves Box Cat.

Sunday morning I did A Cat in a Box 


Followed by a football for D.

Then I knit a Squirrel.
The cutest little squirrl you'll ever see.
So tiny and sweet with a big squishy tail.
He loves our nut bowl. It feels like home.


Then he needed a friend for adventures so I knit a tiny dinosaur from her book Teeny Tiny MochiMochi.


This is where the adventure begins.

I should have never played with Theo with them.
It was just too damn cute to stop though.


Meeting Fred

Then Dino
 


friendly face off
Then it was time for bed.
Monday morning I woke up and I couldn't find them.
Worse I couldn't remember putting them somewhere safe for the night before we all laid down to go to sleep. I pulled out my nightstand drawers. emptied the knitting bag. pulled back the bedding as much as possible since D was still asleep.
Couldn't find them anywhere.
So I figured, crap, Theo ate them. Figured they were small enough that they would make their way thru their own Fantastic Voyage and come out the other end somewhat intact.

So I laughed about it all day. Worried a little but honestly after living with Mr. Brown and all the things he consumed I wasn't super worried about two little squishy knit toys gobbled up by Theo.

I arrived home.
I expected he either vomited them up in his crate (preferred method of retrieval) or I was going to make every one uncomfortable watching them take care of business.

As we walked down the back steps into the yard something bright and flashy caught my eye.

Could it be?

It was Dino!

It was Fred!


Theo had taken them outside the night before and tried to set them free.

The needed a good scubbing but they survived the ordeal splendidly.

I so glad it wasn't an internal tour of the workings of Theo.


So I popped them in a warm bubble bath to swim about, knock the dirt and chill off them they put them to bed on the fireplace mantel to dry.


Today they came to work with their friends.
Box Cat stayed home to nap guarded by Black Heart Dragon.


The End.

ps; I won't lie. If Fred and Dino had taken the Fantastic Voyage and re-emerged via Theo's exit. I was seriously debating if I would rescue them and clean them up or just throw them away.

Thank God we'll never know what I would have done!

Comments

Lynn said…
Such a happy ending!
Unknown said…
I love the story, and I am so glad you were able to retrieve them. They might not have survived in the wild. They like to be pampered and cared for.

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

24 Hours

I don't even really know how to tell you about our last weekend. We took a trip that lasted less than 24 hours from start to finish. Saturday morning we left our home at 8:30 a.m. with our friends and we caught a train to Portland, Oregon. We were going to watch our hockey team play against the Portland Winterhawks. It's important to note that Friday Portland and areas far south of Tacoma Washington were hit with a snow storm. But, we were taking the train so we weren't super concerned. I packed extra knit items and warm clothes just in case we needed it. Boy did we need it! As soon as we got out of the train station we snagged the first cab we saw and made it thru the snow covered streets to our hotel. Which was a short walk from Memorial Coliseum where the game was being played that night. Checked in, changed our clothes into our team colors, and headed out to walk around a bit and find some pub grub... That's when we realized we were in the m