Skip to main content

en route..........

Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™
Status: Processed through Sort Facility
Your item was processed through and left our FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003 facility on May 21, 2011 at 10:03 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

This means that the yarn I ordered is en route and should arrive on my doorstep today while I'm at the office! I can't wait to see it!!
it has some pretty pretty stuff in side!!!
Some of it is top secret present making stuff and the rest is just for fun and to help me finish my autumn vines beret that i only had 1 skein of cascade 220 164 sport. FYI In case you didn't read my post on this.....the Cascade 220 sport only has 164 yards very disappointing when you are halfway thru a hat and realize that you don't have enough when you thought you really should!
 
I also started another project for a baby.....since I seem to be surrounded by pregnant women lately here are some basics:
 
Yarn: Happy Feet DK in a teal blue green colorway
Pattern: Puerperium Cardigan by Kelly Brooker
Synopsis: it's a top-down side button baby cardigan that is designed to be for the first 6 weeks of babies life where it's hard to dress them (I assume) because they are so fragile and tiny yet, however the way this is designed makes it possibly the swath your baby in knitterly warmth and style. Going out? No problem, pop open the sweater, lay the baby in and button down the side! perfect for over those onesies that babies live in the first few weeks!!
Ease: Very easy but some general knowledge on increasing helps and working in the round (sleeves)
Also, it is so easy that I already made a mistake (although it could have been that I read the pattern wrong and I was watching a movie last night)....I missed a buttonhole but short of ripping back 5 rows (i truly do hate ripping back) I'm going to leave it and hope the baby doesn't notice........
Chances are pretty good that I'm going to crank out quite a few of these over the next few weeks since this one only took me a couple days so far :)

Happy Monday!

WAIT!
Spring Update!
1. Our garbage can potatoes are on the move working their way up. D is going to cover them again with dirt today.
2. Baby Spiders have hatched. I love watching baby spiders as long as they are outside.
3. I discovered that the baby spiders have hatched because 3 of them moved into my car and are currently busy building a web between the dashboard and my steering wheel.......
4. I'm afraid of spiders so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to drive home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som