Skip to main content

Countdown

It's the Wednesday before Thanksgiving...
It's crunch time.
It's also question time.

Do I make the pie today or tomorrow when it'll be fresher.
If I make it today and screw it up we have time to run out and buy a new pie.
If I make it tomorrow and screw it up we're eating ice cream.

We are in Florida so ice cream is appropriate
Screwed up pies are not.

However, since I have a wing-it, nonchalant attitude towards cooking and baking and I fancy myself a bit of a risk taker, Sally on the edge person, I'm going to bake the pie tomorrow and what will be will be...

honestly. How bad can a jacked up chocolate pie be?

it's chocolate

if it doesn't set up we'll just pour it over the ice cream...

The sweet potatoes are roasted and cooling on the stove.
The celery and stuffing mix are ready to go...
The bird is fresh and waiting to be roasted
There's champagne in the fridge ready to be toasted...
It's thanksgiving eve and we're all on the move
getting ready for family and to hit the food groove...
May your turkey be plump & stuffed to the gills
May your potatoes be fluffy and hold your gravy wells
baby peas wrapped in butter
and hot rolls on your plate...
eat light today people to prepare for Thanksgiving night!

Well that came out of nowhere!

Tomorrow: Giving Thanks!

Comments

Unknown said…
Have fun filled, tummy filled Turkey day!

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Balls!

I'm halfway thru the second to last short row repeat... Just in time to get used to trailing three balls around with me and my Color Affection. Needless to say I'm pretty excited to be finished with this and wear it! Happy Sunday!

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

It's Been a Long Time

A really long time. Well, looking back I did post in July but honestly it's been a while since I've done anything of substance and why is that? Well, I can tell you. There will be some swear words but if you know me and know me well I never shy from a good swear fest. Life has been a shit show roller coaster. Honestly. Full on, Universal Studios grade, shit show roller coaster, for about two years. It's used up a lot of the stuff that I used to put here. I loved posting here. Loved it. It was the perfect ADHD mind dump. It was fun. Then all of the sudden the thought of having to write a post was so overwhelming it was all I could do to justify NOT doing it. I had and have a lot of those overwhelming moments still. Mostly in the yogurt aisle when it appears that everyone on the planet has learned that Fage 2% plain is really freaking good and there is none left for me... honestly. I think in 2016 I full on left my cart and exited the store asap. Multi...