Skip to main content

24DOK Day 10: Morning Socks

This time of year I love to get up early on weekend mornings.

By early I mean I actually set my alarm to go off about 5:00-5:30.

We, the dogs and I, get up, make a pot of coffee, they eat some kibble, I eat some toast, we turn on the talk radio, the Christmas tree, light some candles and settle in for a nice leisurely few hours of knitting, web surfing, calling mom on the East Coast and generally enjoying the fact that we don't have to actually be anywhere.

It's cold in the mornings though, especially on my feet.
I have slippers and I love them. I putter around in old man loafer slippers all around the house, but inevitably I'll wear them outside and they will get wet and I'll have to take them off.

Enter, Morning Socks.

Slouchy, oversized, thick, warm socks.

remember yesterday I told you yesterday to dig out some DK weight yarn... 

Slip them on as soon as you get out of bed.
Shuffle down the hall to the coffee pot with the animals bouncing around you excited that you have once again remembered to feed them. Look down at your feet and the pretty socks you made are practically smiling at you.

I love my morning socks.
Until my feet get warm and then they get put back in the drawer till the next day.

This sock pattern is great.
It's a TinCanKnits pattern, and you'll thank me, because you can knit these for babies to adult males with size 18 feet (if you can find enough of one dye-lot for a man with size 18 feet) ((I know a kid with size 18 feet, he's not full grown yet and I feel for the shoe shopping soul of his mom. Size. 18. Shoe.))  Bet that made my sock knitting friends tremble.

You can knit these for the whole  fam-damily and every one will be happy Christmas morning sporting their new morning socks, sipping hot cocoa, and unwrapping all the other wonderful knit items you are bestowing upon them.

Maybe morning socks can be a Christmas Eve gift so everyone can wander the halls Christmas morning soaking up all the knitterly love thru the soles of their feet? hmmm

The pattern is Lumberjack Socks

I knit mine using Blue Moon Socks that Rock in Mossay and PsychoBarbie. My two favorites in their shaded solids.
Dk Weight yarn. Size 2 & 3 needles these can be done in a solid weekend of selfish knitting.

Those weekends are the best.

Happy Thursday Night...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som